Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SETTFest™ event information and discussion forum. South East Texas Tomato Fest

Old February 25, 2011   #1
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Default Announcement - 2011 South East Texas Tomato Festival (SETTFest)

It’s time to announce the fifth annual South East Texas Tomato Festival!

What is it?
A gathering of tomato growers and enthusiasts who want to share and taste different varieties of homegrown tomatoes.

When is it?
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Setup is at 11:30am
Tasting begins at 12:30pm

Where is it?
Palmetto State Park @ the Group Picnic Pavillion / Refrectory in Gonzales, TX. [Map of Park]

Please Note: there is a $3 per person Gate Fee for the use of Palmetto State Park.

Who will be there?
Tomato growers and their families and friends from Texas and surrounding areas. Everyone with an interest in tasting tomatoes is encouraged and welcome to attend.

If you are planning to attend the tasting, it would be helpful if you could drop us a line / Contact Us at the website for planning purposes, including listing any food items, drinks, or supplies you plan to bring.

You can view photos of last year's event in our 2010 Photo Album. For photos of previous year events - 2009, 2008, 2007

We hope to see plenty of fellow tomato lovers at the 2011 South East Texas Tomato Festival!
Old February 25, 2011   #2
alamo5000
Tomatovillian™

I plan to be there. Just gotta check to see how many people want to go with me
Old February 26, 2011   #3
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default Reply

Hope to be there as well. Had a great time in 09.
Old February 27, 2011   #4
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

I hope to be there also!
Old February 27, 2011   #5
Mojo
Tomatovillian™

Not thrilled about the 18th, awfully late. OTOH since the 11th is Wee One's birthday, that might've posed an unresolvable conflict. So the 4th is entirely out of the question?

I will be there.
Old March 2, 2011   #6
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Well I'll be I looked at my shift calender and low and behold I will be home. So I do plan on being there. How hard could it be just go through Bastrop make a left on 304 and drive.

Gonzales is a great town just full of antique shops and stores that sell reclaimed doors and stuff from old houses. If you are looking for the old door knobs hinges and lock sets from the 1800's and early 1900's this is the place to go: http://www.discoverys.net/

It has a ton of old mansions from he 1800s and 1900s from the rich cattle ranchers and oil men. You can drive for hours and see the old houses in town.

Great choice.

Worth
Old March 2, 2011   #7
snappybob
SETTFest™ Coordinator

Glad you can finally make it Worth. I don't think I have ever spent any time in Gonzales. I wish I was going to have more time to hang around. If the next day wasn't fathers day I'd stay the night and leave back Sunday evening. I've seen the Tiny Texas Houses from the freeway and have always wanted to check them out but there never seems to be enough time when I'm passing through. I've heard there's some great Bar BQ places in Gonzales and Lulling too. I'm hoping the location change will be an attendance booster. I've driven through Palmetto State Park before. It's a beautiful park.
Old March 6, 2011   #8
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Not thrilled about the 18th, awfully late. OTOH since the 11th is Wee One's birthday, that might've posed an unresolvable conflict. So the 4th is entirely out of the question?
To do it on the 4th would shift the responsibility for bringing the balance of tomatoes onto Houston or San Antonio and potentially reduce the involvement of Austin and Dallas growers. In the past, we've tried varying the date by 1 week in either direction and have worried that there would be enough quality tomatoes to cover the event.

There is certainly a window of opportunity for regional events earlier for the Houston/Gulf Coast area and later for San Antonio. If 60 or 70 people were showing up for SETTFest, we could certainly envision other events of a more regional nature.

We're trying a new location this year and we'll certainly be looking for feedback about it.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
Old March 13, 2011   #9
MikeInCypress
Tomatovillian™

I plan on being there with or without tomatoes. Last year was fun and it was great to meet other T Villains. Never been to Gonzalez. See ya there.

MikeinHouston
Old March 13, 2011   #10
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInCypress View Post
I plan on being there with or without tomatoes. Last year was fun and it was great to meet other T Villains. Never been to Gonzalez. See ya there.

MikeinHouston
Excellent! I really look forward to seeing you again.
Old April 6, 2011   #11
redneckplanter
Tomatovillian™

gonna try real hard.sounds like a lotta fun.smiles
Old April 7, 2011   #12
Bama mater
Tomatovillian™

I'm planning to attend, HaHaHa, I think my wife would divorce me. I just told her I had to be in Gonzalas Texas June 18th, she said really ...for what.... I said a tomato tasting festival..... She said.... Oh brother!...... Get otta here!.
Old April 8, 2011   #13
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

What's 900 miles between friends?

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
Old April 9, 2011   #14
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

My wife and I took our son and daughter in law last year-they had never been to something like that and when first mentioned, they kind of looked funny at me. But they loved it, tasting many different kinds of tomatoes, meeting tomato people, hanging out. They are looking forward to this year, going to bring our other son also! Hope to be able to bring some ripe fruit.
Old April 10, 2011   #15
Mojo
Tomatovillian™

...so do we have a Facebook page yet?

Tags
settfest , settfest.com , texas tomato tasting