Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 2, 2012   #211
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Dono, I do not see a problem if you or anybody else copy anything from my site for personal use, including photos. I do not have any problem when folks use my pictures to print labels for their personal use or in seed trades between individuals - I'd actually prefer that, as it helps to have information about a variety at your fingertips.

I am also happy to give permission to use my own pictures to non-commercial folks who sell a few tomato plants - all you need is just ask! Same applies to personal blogs. Tatiana's TOMATObase copyright statement allows the use of the materials under specific conditions, that includes a credit to the owner and non-commercial use. http://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki...ase:Copyrights

I freely share my work with a few non-commercial tomato websites in Germany (you may have seen some of my photos there). I get lots of photos from these guys to post at TOMATObase. We give each other a credit and continue to benefit from the sharing. That's a very rewarding partnership that benefits many NA and German gardeners too!

I absolutely do not support use of somebody's else work by commercial seed vendors without an explicit permission from owner. It is not just illegal, it is very unethical and unprofessional.

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Tania; December 2, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2012   #212
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Dono, the problem comes in when folks copy and then claim it to be their original property. The word being discussed here is plagiarism. Plagiarism is often defined as copying, lifting, stealing, bootlegging, illegal use, and breach of copyright.

It's okay to read something and then copy it down for your own personal, non business use. Each time you use it, it's simply like reading it again. Most folks only ask to be credited as the owner of the original art or writing. Such as "Photo used with owner's permission" or "Thanks to John Doe for helping with this writeup" or "Courtesy of Jane Doe".
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2012   #213
gixxerific
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Tania I am a honest person. I feel guilty lifting descrips enough that I even change the wording at times to my own. But than again it is for my own use and the use of those I trade with.

I would not do this for financial gain. I have learned being on Helpful Gardener forum not to post pics or the likes WITHOUT at least posting the link to the thread/site. It is not allowed frowned upon over there, since it can lead to the probelms we are seeing here.

By the way Tat I love your site, it is not boring. It is straight forward and to the point. Which is how it should be. Hell look at the name "Tatiana's TOMATObase" which means "database". How many over the top pretty "databases" have you seen?
gixxerific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2012   #214
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

This statement/quote from Joe is unbelievable, $ on my facebook page !!!! come on? who are you kidding? These 2 most have dropped from space - maybe the moon?

"...but I spend a lot of time and money on this Facebook page and had to make a statement here about bullying."
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2012   #215
Riceloft
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILMNET View Post
This statement/quote from Joe is unbelievable, $ on my facebook page !!!! come on? who are you kidding? These 2 most have dropped from space - maybe the moon?

"...but I spend a lot of time and money on this Facebook page and had to make a statement here about bullying."
Its quite possible that he spends money advertising on facebook. I have a facebook page for a fishing charter business and have considered spending $ on ads, so that could definitely be it.
Riceloft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2012   #216
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

True, but every statement he writes is not true. they now have a trademark on pictures they took, instead of a letter C in a circle, they have the letters TM?
Here it is on the dwarf page, these shot with this girl looks like a shot i have seen this before?
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 13.png (97.1 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by FILMNET; December 3, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old December 7, 2012   #217
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Waiting for update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Some of you will notice that there have been significant changes to the Dwarf Page at PennysTomatoes.com. My picture of Yukon Quest is no longer there. I will have more details in the next couple of days. Everyone keep calm. Now is not the time to shove threats and such around. I'll explain later, but need your cooperation at this time.
Meanwhile business goes on at Pennys. Any details?
Old December 7, 2012   #218
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

quite now
yes quiet

Last edited by FILMNET; December 7, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old December 7, 2012   #219
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Did you mean quiet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILMNET View Post
quite now
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/d.../british/quite Im sorry the question was directed to the person in the quote.
Old December 7, 2012   #220
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

They posted this an hour ago on their Facebook page. I will post my thoughts on this latest rant shortly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg PennyFB12712.jpeg (237.0 KB, 292 views)

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2012   #221
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Well, it was not hard to predict that little episode with Surfer Girl would turn up on Pennys Facebook as propoganda. All very convenient.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2012   #222
Tania
Tomatovillian™

I am just speechless. I've got a real heartache for all my friends here.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2012   #223
tam91
Tomatovillian™

Interesting he doesn't have the nerve to post Mischka's real name.

What a mess, sigh.
Old December 8, 2012   #224
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

The only people that are banned from T-Ville are those that violate the rules, which everyone knows when they join. And the rules are reasonable and the reason why this site is what it is.
Old December 8, 2012   #225
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

I know I promised some details, but I'm limited in what I can say. Pepper Joe and I have reached an agreement, which constitutes a legal contract. He has taken down my picture from the Pennystomtoes website, and I have stopped my pursuit of litigation.

As for me, I will make no further comment on this matter at this time.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy