Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old May 20, 2016   #16
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

I bought Take Down Garden Spray at Yamagami's Nursery (south a few miles of the Apple Campus) on De Anza Blvd.

If you can wait a few days for delivery you can also order it on Amazon.com.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2016   #17
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

As usual, Raybo, you have tantalized everyone with these terrible, gorgeous pictures and left them (and me) totally frustrated with our colder weather that keeps us months behind you. It just ain't fair.

Looking excellent as usual.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016   #18
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Nice shade of green on your plants. I had to stare at how bright the sunshine glistened in your photos, a bit more intense than we get it seems.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016   #19
Greyprof
Tomatovillian™

Hi
I'm new to this forum but am already hooked. Only just out of frost danger (hopefully) where I live in United Kingdom so am only just putting toms out in garden, very jealous of your climate, here seems to be cold and wet for most of year (typical Brit, moaning about weather!) Your tomatoes look great, my cucumbers have all failed to germinate this year, lousy spring.
Ambition is to get a huge polytunnel wife willing!

Thanks for sharing great pictures. Really appreciated.

Mart
Greyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016   #20
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

Looking great as usual Raybo!

I've never asked you this, other than pruning lower leaves for disease prevention, how much additional pruning do you do? Your plants look pretty tidy, so I'm thinking you may to a good bit?

Put my first insect spray out yesterday, spinosad. I'd been waiting on the nematodes to eliminate my thrips. They didn't, though the population was diminished. I didn't want to chance that they introduced TSWV any longer. No other significant insects so far this year, which may also be thanks to the nematodes. I'll definitely try those again in the future.

Dewayne
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016   #21
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Hey Ted, Mark and Dewayne,

Hope you are all off to a good Season!

The plants do have a deep shade of green this year. That may be due to the EZ-FLO injection of the water soluble 20-20-20 supplemental fertilizer I had been giving them. I just switched to a 6-30-30 this week to shift from leaf development to now fruit growth. We will see how this works out.

Dewayne, sounds like you have the insects under control - - we have not been hit here yet but they are sure to make an appearance in June. So far, I have done minimal pruning - but will be more proactive as fungal issues set in.

Cukes are about ready for first harvest today.

Raybo

Last edited by rnewste; May 24, 2016 at 11:45 AM.
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote