Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 26, 2015   #1
lexusnexus
Tomatovillian™

Default Fusarium Wilt?

I have one, and only one so far, tomato plant (Daniel Burson) that has extreme leaf curling throughout the entire plant, with no discoloration. I pulled it to prevent the spread of anything. Fusarium wilt is the only thing I can find that can that has any reasonable answer.

Dan

Old June 26, 2015   #2
b54red
Tomatovillian™

That doesn't look like fusarium. Leaf curl like that can be caused by heat stress or other factors. I have three Royal Hillbilly plants and two of them have had terrible leaf curl since the first hot days of summer got here yet they have produced fine even if they look terrible. Every year that I have grown that variety they have had some degree of leaf curl and I see it on other varieties sometimes also.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2015   #3
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

I agree with Bill that it's not fusarium.

Physiological Leaf Roll: Excessive moisture and nitrogen, heat, drought, severe pruning, root damage and transplant shock are some of the environmental factors that can cause physiological leaf roll in tomatoes.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2015   #4
lexusnexus
Tomatovillian™

Thanks. Although I've grown tomatoes for a number of years and seen some leaf wilting or curling, I've never seen every leaf on a plant curl like that. Nor have I ever experienced fusarium wilt. Something else to add to the memory database.

Dan
Old June 27, 2015   #5
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusnexus View Post
Thanks. Although I've grown tomatoes for a number of years and seen some leaf wilting or curling, I've never seen every leaf on a plant curl like that. Nor have I ever experienced fusarium wilt. Something else to add to the memory database.

Dan
Be very thankful.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote