Thread: A Cajun Cooks
View Single Post
Old July 13, 2019   #118
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
It almost looks like chicken gumbo with the dark roux. Chicken and sausage gumbo in a dark roux over rice is one one my favorites. You had most of the "trinity" in it. It looks delicious. I can almost smell it from memory.
That's the same way you make gumbo, just add more stock or water then all of your meats/sausage/seafood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
Rob, I hope you have some of that sweet comfort food stashed away for the flood weather. If you get out and BBQ on the open waters... please charge up your camera before it hits. And stay safe, buddy.
LOL! I'm stocked up with food, charcoal, propane, pellets for the smoker and the generator is ready to go if I need it. The weather isn't bad at all, just a few gusts and light rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
Rajun, is the corn recipe Maque Choux? Be safe in the storm!
It's a light version of maque choux. MC is smothered longer without butter and usually it's made in big batches with fresh corn then frozen for future use.

Off topic but I've been using this interactive weather tool and it's amazing how much detail you can get from all the tools. Click in any area and it will give reported wind gust.
https://on.windy.com/2hjir