Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SETTFest™ event information and discussion forum. South East Texas Tomato Fest

Old June 16, 2013   #16
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

How about some photos?
and, what is the best tasting tomato this year?
my are still green

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
Old June 23, 2013   #17
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Pretty disappointed that there have been no photos, no writeup, nothing about this event.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
Old June 26, 2013   #18
checkerkitty
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
How about some photos?
and, what is the best tasting tomato this year?
my are still green
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30 View Post
Pretty disappointed that there have been no photos, no writeup, nothing about this event.
Sorry about that! I've been out of pocket for a while. This was a quiet event! Snappybob and Ms. Snappy came by my house first. They were very generous and brought several tomatoes:

Abraham Lincoln
Earl's Faux
Indian Stripe
JD's Special C-Tex
Cherokee Yellow
Ananas Noir
"Volunteer Cherry"
Sioux

They were all wonderful! I think the biggest favorite was Earl's Faux, with my youngest especially. All I hear now when I cut-up a tomato is "Is that Earl's Faux?" It's impossible to pass off a grocery store tomato as an Earl's Faux so the disappointment is rampant!

I ended up having one ripe tomato for the tasting: a dehybridized version of Brandy Boy. I was glad to have something to share!

ArcherB came by about an hour after Mr and Ms Snappy left. We were then able to sample:

Green Zebra
German Head
Tomesol
Black Mountain Pink
Sibirskiy Velikan Rozovyi
Not Black Cherry
Plus the ones from before

Not a bad tomato was had! My husbands new favorite is German Head. I was surprised by Green Zebra. Tart and tomatoey and delicious! I want to make a tomato-pineapple fresh salsa with Green Zebra. Archer told me that the Sibirskiy was very productive. A definite plus in my book especially considering the strange weather we had this year!

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to share. I got so busy talking, I simply forgot.

Thanks again to Snappybob and Ms. Snappy and ArcherB for taking time to come by and talk tomato! It is always fun to hang out with other people who share your interests. Plus, the tomatoes were incredibly tasty!

Christy