Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old December 18, 2020   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Winter Micro Putters

Baby micros! This morning as I was inspecting the plants for possible problems I found four small tomatoes on the Lille Lise. The largest is about ½” wide and they were hidden under the bottom foliage. Lots of blooms on the Jochalos and Red Robin. Playing with these has somewhat scratched the winter garden itch.

I’ve been pollinating three ways; with the electric toothbrush, picking a flower and dabbing other flowers with it and using a pared down Q-tip as shown here, using a separate Q-tip for each variety.

Four days ago I started one each of micros Birdie Rouge, Chibikko, Groovey Tunes, Gelbe Topftomate and Pinocchio Orange. Yesterday the Chibikko was up and this morning was PO's birthday.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2020   #2
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

i just received some micro seeds from gary the other day. looks like i got every
micro variety in existence. i need to figure out when to start some seeds for in door
growing. they would be growing on a plant stand with lights here at the house.
i could bring some in to work just to show off. we have a wide shelf separating the
pharmacy counter from the sales floor. they might do ok there. it would be nice to snack on them during breaks in the action.
we have long winters here. it would give me something to do.

keith
Old December 24, 2020   #3
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxkeith View Post
...i could bring some in to work just to show off. we have a wide shelf separating the pharmacy counter from the sales floor. they might do ok there. it would be nice to snack on them during breaks in the action.
we have long winters here. it would give me something to do. keith
I wonder if others would snack on them before you could!
It's that "something to do in winter" that's making growing these micros so enjoyable. These were the newbies about a week and a half ago. Three of them are just now starting to sprout their first true leaves.

GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote