Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old March 17, 2024   #16
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Big Beef is an F1 hybrid...it won't come out true to type. But the seeds aren't terribly expensive either, not like some new designer hybrids.

I grew no hybrids other than cherries last year, but Big Beef and Estiva are back in the lineup for 2024!
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2024   #17
garden patch
Tomatovillian™

I save all my heirloom seeds. I do buy my big beef tomato seeds in bulk from tomatogrowers.com I plant 4 rows of 5 of my favourite heirlooms. The last row I mix and match seeds from friends or that and other websites. I also share plants with my neighbours and friends. It’s always good to try something new. Especially impress the neighbours with different varieties.
garden patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2024   #18
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for this important information because I want to grow tomatoes year-round in a Large Green House. I was thinking about the Beautiful Big Beef Pictures on here, for the winter Months.

The Plants seem to be smaller than Heirlooms to fit in a greenhouse for Big Tomatoes.

I plan to save up for this "Big Green House Dream" rather than deal with Interest on a loan. I want to take this time; to properly plan my winter supply of BIG tomatoes.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote