Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Old June 17, 2009   #16
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

Sounds like we're all eating pretty well.

My lettuce, radishes and sugar snap peas are done. Now we're into squash, cucumbers, okra, green beans, garlic and herbs (I just made a batch of pesto). Still waiting on tomatoes, eggplant, waiting for peppers to ripen fully, butter beans, shallots, lady peas and it'll be a long wait for sweet potatoes. Blueberries are just about ready.
Old June 19, 2009   #17
piegirl
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Harvested another 1 1/2 qts of black raspberries last night and there are probably 2 more qts for tomorrow. Finished off the snow peas and found more tomatoes on the back side of the plants. The black krims and c purple have the heaviest set but very lobed fruits. Will plant okra in this space behind the toms. Cabbage were looking great but some bug just chewed the heck out of them. Another inch or so of rain today - at least it wasn't 95 degrees today! Lettuces are almost finished. Piegirl
piegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2009   #18
duajones
Tomatovillian™

Harvested my first 7 okra pods of the season, sliced and breaded them in cornmeal and have them in the freezer already.