Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 29, 2018   #16
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

How lovely you all are, am tearing up nowm but it is good.

I will hang around but not much gardening I even sold my big three tier lighting set up but I do have stuff in the greenhouse, carrots, mini peas,green onions, okra, peppers. winter squash going vertically and of course some tomatoes. I left it too late to grow the tomatoes from seed and wasn't going to bother, but caved in and picked up a few plants so I am just starting to get fruit and enjoying my other stuff to so lots of salads right now. Then some squash and beans in my two beds.

I am well, I had some surgery last month which was a bit more than I expected but I am slowly recuperating.

Thank you for all your kind words about John, I miss him so much and still have several melt downs a day but the days pass. I have a picture on the fridge taken about a month before he died and I talk to that. He was very fit right to the end but he lost the ability to swallow. He had read everything there was on AD while he could and made his own decisions ahead of time in a document, One was no tube feeding if I lose my swallow, it was hard to honor it but I did, he lived less than 2 weeks after that.

I do have Gigandes beans , I gre them 2 years ago and have a huge jsr of them now
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2018   #17
imp
Tomatovillian™

Ahh, you and me, darlin', but we go on. I talk to Rob's ashes and a hat he really liked, made by Kelley. I keep the cap in the truck so "he" can go with me.

The pain can be bad, but if we hadn't had them and the joy of them in our lives, so much more bleak.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote