Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 26, 2018   #1
JoParrott

Default My cucumbers have white flies

Hi all- I'm still here! Since I got my headlamps I have been doing so much better-- especially in the house. And today I got a 55" TV and my neighbor connected my laptop so I can use it as a monitor- it is great-- of course it doesn't make text any clearer, but just magnifies the blurriness ! But it is a big help.

I discovered last night that all 4 varieties of my cucumbers have whiteflies. I hung some yellow sticky traps and sprayed them with Pyrethrins today- it seems to have helped- I hope I can save them. My Kwintus Pole Beans are producing like crazy, but all the tomatoes are just being really slow. I am just thankful to still be able to see them. Thanks to all of you for your support--
Old June 26, 2018   #2
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

Glad the technology is helping!

I am battling white flies in the garden too - on my cauliflower and broccoli. The yellow sticky traps should be a big help!
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2018   #3
imp
Tomatovillian™

So glad to read the headlamps are doing well for you. You sound so much more "up" and it makes me smile to think you are not only managing but doing better with your life!
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2018   #4
JoParrott

IMp, all my life I have been hard headed and never gave up- but having your vision going and knowing there's nothing to do to stop or change the outcome---that has knocked my feet out from under me many times. There are days that I stay in bed until late, just to not want to open my eyes and see the changes that happened overnight. But I have to go on-- it is so hard to not just give up.