Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3, 2019   #16
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

The water tables are extremely important. and I am glad to see the rain for that reason. I too would rather see the ditches, creeks, rivers, and lakes full.

As a homeowner, gardener, and person who is at home most of the time - I'm tired of seeing all this rain since 2015. Our house and barns are turning green - it's that wet here. The raised beds I built two years ago need to be torn down because they are rotting. Being that we live out in the sticks and our septic system was built in 1993, we have lateral lines/a containment field. The rains are causing problems that are more than irritating.

As for the topic, The greenhouse plastic is definitely an idea worth looking into. I like the retractable part a lot. I did get inspired by the picture Sqwibb posted... It actually gave me a different idea that fits the different needs. I haven't seen a picture online to compare my idea to yet. I may have to build one, take pictures, and then explain it. It's supposed to warm up this weekend. I should be able to build one pretty quickly. (As long as my health agrees.)
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote