Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 13, 2012   #1
PA_Julia
Tomatovillian™

Default First Tomatoes Growing

The winner for first fruit set isn't an heirloom but the Sweet Cherry 100.
I can't complain. I'm just happy to see the first of the season going and growing already.

Julia
PA_Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2012   #2
Barryblushes
Tomatovillian™

I put my plants in late this year so I have awhile before any show.I think most times cherries arrive first usually.With all the rain we are having,no need to water.Do you collect rain water Julia? I could of filled 20, 55 gallon barrels so far this year .I need to get those containers Coke keeps their syrup in.The big square ones I see now and then around.But now I have no truck to haul them home,if I do get any How are your pumpkins doing btw? Barry
Barryblushes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2012   #3
TightenUp
Tomatovillian™

in my garden the first tomato is sungold f1. for containers its grubs mystery green RL. i am not sure which set fruit first as they both did in a 24 hour span and the gardens are 100 miles apart
TightenUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2012   #4
PA_Julia
Tomatovillian™

No I don't collect much rain water other than a plastic ccontainer I leave outside for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryblushes View Post
I put my plants in late this year so I have awhile before any show.I think most times cherries arrive first usually.With all the rain we are having,no need to water.Do you collect rain water Julia? I could of filled 20, 55 gallon barrels so far this year .I need to get those containers Coke keeps their syrup in.The big square ones I see now and then around.But now I have no truck to haul them home,if I do get any How are your pumpkins doing btw? Barry
PA_Julia is offline   Reply With Quote