Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old May 13, 2012   #1
blackcat54
Tomatovillian™

Default Copper Spiral Vortex Generator

Based on the work of Victor Schauberger, these copper spiral inserts create a Double Helical Spiral Swirl when water flows through it at high speed.

This spiral vortex action is supposed to simulate what nature does in a flowing stream, invigorating, re-oxygenating, and generally improving the "life" energy of the water passing through it.

I fabricated some and installed one on my garden hose feed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spiralmania 010.jpg (47.2 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg Null 3 010.jpg (182.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg Null 1 002.jpg (56.4 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Null 1 004.jpg (65.2 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Null 3 006.jpg (39.1 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg spiralmania 018.jpg (64.6 KB, 116 views)
blackcat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2012   #2
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Very sanitary indeed. So basically if you are connecting it to a drip system or soaker hose there would not be a high enough flow rate to get the desired results, correct? Ami
Old May 13, 2012   #3
blackcat54
Tomatovillian™

Correct.....

You need velocity.

I fabricated spirals to insert into 1/4" poly tubing used in my kitchen water purifier. In that case the reduced diameter insures adequate velocity. In a drip system there is practically zero velocity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Null 3 012.jpg (43.9 KB, 57 views)
Old June 11, 2012   #4
JohnWayne
Tomatovillian™

"This spiral vortex action is supposed to simulate what nature does in a flowing stream, invigorating, re-oxygenating, and generally improving the "life" energy of the water passing through it."

The water is in a closed system, so where does the added oxygen come from?
JohnWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2012   #5
blackcat54
Tomatovillian™

Good question, it would have to alter the oxygen already present or affect the oxygen absorptive capacity to allow increased absorption when oxygen is again present.

Some internet merchant was charging big money for these spirals, so I tried to fabricate some in my shop to have some fun. I fabricated and installed them all around my house and that is the extent of my involvement. The idea intrigued me.... I played with it, and then moved on to other projects.

Some info from http://www.vortexenergizedwatersyste...iltration.php:

What Schauberger, as a naturalist, came to understand over the course of time while studying the nature of water within lakes, streams and rivers, was that water became alive and rejuvenated through a process of vortices and free flowing movement.

A scientific explanation of how the Vortex Energized Water System works is through my interpretation of an elaboration by Viktor Schauberger in his book, the Water Wizard. It is done in a layman version to help you to better understand exactly the process the water goes through to revitalize it back to “living water” state:

This is an explanation of the dynamics of a double spiraling flow pipe and how the vortical (vortex or actually vortices; many vortexes, not just one, which spiral down a central axis within the pipe) movement of water through the pipe separates the oxygen and polluting particles from the water at the periphery, then because of the concentration of oxygen and pathogenic bacteria (bad anaerobic bacteria) through the causation of centrifugal force (vortex action), the pathogenic bacteria are eliminated. The surface tension of the water becomes softened (hydrophilic; self- cleaning properties) through the separation of the oxygen from the carbon particles which results in a mechanical acceleration of the water which gives rise to a build-up of energy that purifies and sterilizes the water that has eluded conventional science’s understanding as of today. This is the action of the initial spiraling affect.

The ensuing spiral action as the cooling particles are drawn toward the center once again: the temperature of the water at the inner core of the vortex is cooler, while the water at the periphery is warmer. Within the cooler inner core, the carbon gasesare centralized whereas the oxygen, located at the warmer periphery, begins spiraling inward due to the cooler center and there begins an energy producing reaction between the oxygen and carbon particles from the periphery inwards, not affecting the outer walls of the pipe. This energy sterilizes and purifies the water, while the particles that are not drawn into the center are pressed against the outer wall (due to the mechanical pressure from the spiraling vortex action) and there these particles combine with and seal the pores of the outer walls (strengthening and solidifying them) to allow the water to accelerate and build up additional energies.

Two types of circulation are shown here within the pipe:

* The mechanical circulation (spiraling vortices) of the water.

* The counter circulation of the energies that are produced when aggressive particles of oxygen react with free carbon dioxide.

This circulation of energy produces a continuous electro-dynamic process thereby purifying the water and also enriching it with life giving energy.

Last edited by blackcat54; June 11, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old June 11, 2012   #6
Timbotide
Tomatovillian™

What type of copper did you use to make the spirals?
Timbotide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2012   #7
blackcat54
Tomatovillian™

For some, I split open and hammered flat some copper pipe. For others, I used some sheet copper I ordered from a supplier.
Old June 13, 2012   #8
Tapout
Tomatovillian™

I smell snake oil -> http://www.vibrantvitalwater.com/index_vitalwater.htm
Tapout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2012   #9
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

I would think you would get the same effect by running water in a blender. I made a unit and attached 6 sets of Neodymium Magnets around the outside of the jar and run for 2 minutes. Ami
Old June 13, 2012   #10
Tapout
Tomatovillian™

I see where the idea comes from for these types of devices, but I get the feeling that in some cases they are taking leaps of faith in hopes of some kind of magic to happen at our pocket books expense. The army has been working with the same principals for water treatment a very long time now. The principals might be the same but the equipment is vastly different.
Tapout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2012   #11
blackcat54
Tomatovillian™

I agree about the expense part....which is why I explore these concepts in my workshop. Gives me a creative outlet and an excuse to tinker.
Old June 14, 2012   #12
rockhound
Tomatovillian™

I tried it and it just made my water dizzy.
rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2012   #13
Kierkegaard
Tomatovillian™

I was hoping this was a thread about making stills.
Kierkegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2012   #14
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I've been drinking water from one of these things and I lost 50 pounds in one month.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2012   #15
tedln

Worth,

If you had made your water from that magnetically neutral water at the North Pole near Prudhoe Bay, you may have lost 100 lbs. Of course, if the earth reverses polarity; you may gain 100 lbs. I understand the North Pole water is more effective when the Aurora Borealis is most active.

Ted

Last edited by tedln; June 25, 2012 at 09:34 PM.