Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 4, 2009   #16
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Well I am 2 sided on this, I did join a Triumph forum after I lurked for some time.
You could look but not post as I guess this site has digressed to.
After looking and seeing it had a great bunch of folks on it with no in-fighting I joined.
Here, I don't like it at all, I don't know why, I just don't like it.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2009   #17
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Well after logging out and seeing that some of the areas were closed to non members I guess it's OK I think.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2009   #18
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischka View Post

Increasing the membership list here doesn't benefit me in any way financially. Unlike other forums, I don't own a seed company, host any kind of festival or operate a faux pioneer town tourist trap to hawk to the members.
OK Mischka, I've got a solution for you. We set up a Tomato Ponzi Scheme (T.P.S.). Here's how it will work. You get 10 TV members to each send you 10 tomatoes, with your promise to pay them back with 11 tomatoes each, one year from now (10% return - not bad!). If you make your "exclusive club" offer to: captnkirk, feldon30, suze, worth, dice, remy, vincechemist, tomatoaddict, dcarch, and rnewste, you would get a nice geographic distribution of 100 tomatoes throughout the year.

Now, all you need to do is expand the new Tomatoville membership list and have 11 of those new members each send you 10 tomatoes in Year 2. You then send those 110 tomatoes out to your original 10 members in the "exclusive club".

In Year 3, you need to get 12 new Tomatoville members to send you in 10 tomatoes each to pay back the Year 2 members. See where I am going with this....

So that will keep your T.P.S. going in perpetual motion and you've received the initial 100 free tomatoes.

But if you really want to be "in the Sauce", instead of growing the membership by 10% per year, in Year 2 up the membership by 20% and enlist 12 members into the "exclusive club". Now you have 110 tomatoes to pay back the original membership, plus 10 for you to profit from. Do the same in Year 3 and you not only pay back the Year 2 investors, but you then keep 11 tomatoes for yourself. The secret of a successful T.P.S. is building a consistent rate of new member additions to the "exclusive club" of 20% per year.

This is where the "guy" in NYC went wrong. A Ponzi scheme is sustainable only if the yearly increasing group is held to a constant percentage increase, so next year you can cover the tomato payback obligation. He got greedy and took in a 35% increase in the past year, and never could sustain that new investor "membership" increase in the following year.

As there are no Regulatory Agencies like the SEC of SIPC regarding tomatoes, you wouldn't have to worry about Government looking over your shoulder. Think of it, you could barter all those extra tomatoes you are now getting for a Villa in France, have a sailboat in Bora-Bora, and finally "profit" from your hard work at Tomatoville.

I've got all the Excel spreadsheets worked out for you, and all I would want is a small "Slice" of the the business.

Ray
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2009   #19
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default reply

Ok reading all the posts today I think everyone has been dipping in the sauce! You know Ray that scheme could actually work! Maybe I could even get a few tomatoes out of it!
Kat
newatthiskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2009   #20
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Kat,

It is most likely due to "post-partum depression" from the New Year's Eve parties.

Frankly the T.P.S. scheme could actually work!! What are the Feds going to do - - put you to work in the Ragu Factory for 20 years?

Ray
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote