Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 13, 2008   #1
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Default Looking for some help.

I have prepared a procedure describing the fermentation method of saving seeds. It has 31 pictures and supporting text. I have tried to simplify the fermentation process and make it easy for the beginner - taking some of the intimidation out of the process.

Before I post it, I would like to have a few folks review and critique it - suggesting changes, additions and deletions. I currently have it saved as a Microsoft Word document. If you're interested, please PM me your Email Address and I'll reply with the file attached.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2008   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Ted, someone forwarded it to me and said he knew I was very involved with my current seed offer, which I am, but I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Do you want comments here , if I have any, or would you prefer that I PM them to you, or what?
Old December 15, 2008   #3
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Ted, that someone was me. Ami
Old December 15, 2008   #4
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Ted, someone forwarded it to me and said he knew I was very involved with my current seed offer, which I am, but I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Do you want comments here , if I have any, or would you prefer that I PM them to you, or what?
Ami, no problem.

Carolyn, my intention was to get some folks to review before I posted it. I really wanted to ask you, but didn't want to load you up when you're already so busy with your seed trades and giveaways. I'm hoping T'ville will accept it as a Christmas gift.

But I'll take your comments and recommendations anywhere I can get them. Remember, it is intended to give confidence to the beginner.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old December 15, 2008   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideutch View Post
Ted, that someone was me. Ami
Yes, that someone was Ami. but I didn't know if I should put that in the post or not.

Ted, as in Container, note, no trades with my seed offer, I'm not a trading lady except under certain circumstances, as when someone sends me a variety not previously distributed and would be new to all or most, as I mentioned in the seed offer.
Old December 15, 2008   #6
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, whenever I converse with you on the web, I have a phrase locked onto a "fastkey". It automatically types out, "I stand corrected".

Once again, "I stand corrected". Dr. Carolyn Male, affectionately known here only as Carolyn (due to a previous correction), does not, (I repeat), DOES NOT, never, ever do trades. Except for when she says so.

There. Is that Okay??
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Last edited by ContainerTed; December 15, 2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old December 15, 2008   #7
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Carolyn, whenever I converse with you on the web, I have a phrase locked onto a "fastkey". It automatically types out, "I stand corrected".

Once again, "I stand corrected". Dr. Carolyn Male, affectionately known here only as Carolyn (due to a previous correction), does not, (I repeat), DOES NOT, never, ever do trades. Except for when she says so.

There. Is that Okay??
Ja Ted, that will do it and thanks for a good laugh on my part.

And now to bed with fingers still crossed that the power stays on re this awful ice storm we've been through here. I was one of the lucky ones who never lost power.