Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 10, 2018   #1
mobiledynamics
Tomatovillian™

Default LIGHTS / UV / Indoors

This has been on my radar for quite some time but I have not done the thorough homework on this yet

For those who run your seedlings under light, any concerns about the UV aspect of things. Granted this really sort of depends where your ~light room/shelf/seedling~ setup is, in what room and what's inside, etc.

For example, this year, I setup in my mechanical room. It's somewhat warmer due to the heat coming on in the early morning and wee evening. However, lotsa *wiring* in the mechanical room - which when you're running lights 16 hrs a day, it's sorta on my radar on whether the UV aspect of the lights might be causing more harm that is not on ones radar...
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2018   #2
Koala Doug
Tomatovillian™

The only concern I have is the effect on my eyes as I love to stare at the plants.

Koala Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2018   #3
mobiledynamics
Tomatovillian™

You would def. not like the new multi-colored LEDS then for sure !
With that said I do believe the FS CFL's put out more ~uv~ than the leds on market
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote