Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 5, 2022   #16
Hermanson
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by creister View Post
Agribon grow cloth is supposed to let in 85% light, water, air; gives some frost and freeze protection, wind protection, diffuses light evenly, and protects from bugs. I can't reccomend it enough for those of us who garden in windy areas.

I just cut a piece long enough to wrap the cage and fasten it with clothespins. I will also cut a piece to put on the top of the cage. Pieces last about 3 years, or longer if you take care of them. The more I work with them, the easier they are to use. Available at Harris Seeds and Peaceful Valley supply.

Here it is, some 16 years after your post and I am just needing an finding it today.
I have moved to a windy part of the desert southwest and was wondering how to protect my tomato plants from the common 15-20 mph winds. I didn't want the added heat of a poly greenhouse and had wondered about using trash bags to wrap my cages. Then I saw your post. I have never used grow cloth. What a perfect solution.

Thank you Creister and thank you tomatoville!!
Hermanson is offline   Reply With Quote