Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Old November 29, 2016   #46
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Joseph, that is beautiful. I've seen hills and mountains in person many times, but never ones with snow on them - just in pictures and TV.

This is also the first year I have grown an overwinter cover crop. It's odd looking out at the garden and seeing green plants two days before December.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2016   #47
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Home from surgery,now the fun begins with rehab.Found out the knee was bone on bone.It was not as bad as the right knee that I had done in March but the pain I have now brings back memories!
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2016   #48
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

CJP:

Good healing thoughts and prayers coming your way!

I should be ready for my second hip to be done next Christmas.

Jeff
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2016   #49
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the kind words,had a hip done in 2012.Knee is a different rehab and far more intense.Hope your next surgery goes well for you.Happy Holidays!
Old December 6, 2016   #50
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

It looks a lot tougher - certainly more vulnerable anatomically. On a CPM machine?
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2016   #51
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

No just different exercises, lot of walking and cycling went into my last rehab.First 4 weeks is the hardest.You have to keep tearing the scar tissue that wants to form over you knee.
Old February 13, 2017   #52
decherdt
Tomatovillian™

Just mowed our winter cover and transplanted some broccoli through it, no till, with a new hoe handle S&J fork, thanks. (soil temp 65 in Feb!!) How's the knee doing?
Old February 13, 2017   #53
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by decherdt View Post
Just mowed our winter cover and transplanted some broccoli through it, no till, with a new hoe handle S&J fork, thanks. (soil temp 65 in Feb!!) How's the knee doing?
Sounds great.You bought the same one I have.Works out great.Knee is not doing bad,a little sore the last two day as we have had rain and then snow.Temps in the 30's during the day.I did a 4 mile walk Saturday in damp weather but the temperature was 40.Sunday only got 3 miles in as we had wind and rain.Need to get more endurance from walking.I was looking at my cover crop today and it's as green as if it's summer.I'm going to do the same.Mow it a few times starting in mid April and plant into it last week of May.After the soil warms up I put a 5 or 6 inch layer of straw for the summer mulch.Thanks for asking about my knee,you made my day!