Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 27, 2015   #1
HCWithAltitude
Tomatovillian™

Default Any Scandanavian or European members?

I've found what seems to be one of the only sources for my favorite tomato from last year, Annelise F1 hybrid. Unfortunately High Moving Seeds is no longer carrying them - quite a shock for me this year.

There are several fans of this tomato, including my 5 year old neighbor (Mr. Super Pickey), and a fellow gardener who would trade watering my plot for some of what he calls 'the flavor bombs'.

They seem to have seed at Lindbloms Fro - http://www.lindbloms.se/gronsaksfro/...giskt-fro.html

I've muddle through the site (in Swedish) enough to figure out the seeds are pricey, and they don't seem to ship out of the EU? Pricey I don't mind, but it seems that I would need some help getting them here.

Is there anyone in 'the neighborhood' who would be willing to facilitate/swap/take pity on me?

Thanks!

HWA
HCWithAltitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2015   #2
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

I can look to it. No promises though :-)
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2015   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

A Google search looking for places that still sell this variety, and if you look at the Tomatoville thread someone is growing them I guess this summer and may have some extra seeds.

No harm in asking.

And yes, the Swedish site says selling only within the EU.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...matoes&start=0

Hope that helps,

Carolyn
Old June 28, 2015   #4
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Hi HWA. I can probably help. I have no problem receiving seed packets from other countries. I'm not so sure what the laws are regarding your importing them. The price, as you say, is high: at the present rate of exchange about $28 plus postage for 20 seeds ($106/100 seeds). Let me know if you want to proceed, and how.

Steve
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2015   #5
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

I cannot for the life of me understand that someone in the United States with access to all the wonderful heirloom and new OP varieties from various seed companies would like to spend money and trouble for getting that hybrid
The price is absolutely ridiculous - 6,50 € for a couple of seeds (4) - which may or may not germinate .... plus the shipping.
But I know taste is a very individual matter. Boy, they must be some tasty tomatoes!

I hope it will work out with the help of sjames and you'll get them happily.
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2015   #6
HCWithAltitude
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
A Google search looking for places that still sell this variety, and if you look at the Tomatoville thread someone is growing them I guess this summer and may have some extra seeds.

No harm in asking.
Carolyn -

I am the one growing them this year +smile+ If anyone here had some spare F1 seeds I would be thrilled!

I've been googling for the seeds since February, with no luck until I fell down a rabbit hole last night and found Lindbloms. Occasionally the insomnia is productive...

HWA
Old June 28, 2015   #7
HCWithAltitude
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Steve! I will PM you.

HWA

Last edited by HCWithAltitude; June 28, 2015 at 11:00 PM.