Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old February 29, 2012   #1
luke
Tomatovillian™

Default Moving my seedlings - need advice

I currently have my seedlings inside my house in a small utility room on a shelf. Room temperature probably averages 72 degrees.

I am about to take them out of the planting tray and put in solo cups. Due to a need for space, I might be forced to put them in a storage room (+/-10 x 12) in my enclosed garage. I am guessing that the temperature range in that room might be anywhere from 65-75 degrees depending on the outdoors temperature. I could purchase a cheap radiant heater (oil filled) for a non-flamable heat source, if need be.

I have the a good light stand that should work well, regardless of where I put them.

What are your thoughts about the lower temperature in the storage room?
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29, 2012   #2
puttgirl
Tomatovillian™

I think that would be fine as long as you have a light set-up. I germinate and keep my seedlings for about a week in my living or dining room at about 69 degrees and then put under lights in my basement under lights that is about 55 degrees and I never had a problem with the temp change.
puttgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29, 2012   #3
luke
Tomatovillian™

That is great to know. Now I have to get rid of all of those noxious fumes from the gasoline and I'll be good to go.
luke is offline   Reply With Quote