Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old September 6, 2022   #16
dshreter
Tomatovillian™

It can be made into organic formulations as it is OMRI listed. California has their own regulations, I’m unsure why it is not allowed there.
dshreter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2022   #17
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Thank you, Amen!
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2022   #18
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Where does it say it can't be sold in California?
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2022   #19
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

In looking at all the Names of Organic products I have notice that "some" are not sold in California like"Natural Pest Control Fungicides & Plant Disease Serenade Garden
rom AgraQuest
The Serenade Disease Control I looked at States:
A broad spectrum biofungicide, Serenade Garden contains a patented strain of Bacillus subtilis. Provides protection against many of the most common fungal and bacterial garden diseases (see label). Now you can grow beautiful disease-free fruits, vegetables and flowers – without chemicals that can be harmful to people or the environment. It is so safe you can confidently harvest and eat fruits and vegetables the very same day they are treated. Will NOT harm bees or beneficial insects. OMRI Listed for use in organic production. This product is NOT registered for sale in the state of California.
Old September 9, 2022   #20
RayR
Tomatovillian™

California regulations are weird but anyway from what I have been reading Serenade Garden Disease Control was discontinued.
You can still get the same QST 713 strain of Bacillus subtilis product as CEASE distributed by Bioworks but that's only available in 1Gal or bigger sizes. And I didn't see anywhere where it can't be sold in California
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2022   #21
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

It is good that all Organic formulas are approved to be used in all Cities and States here in American; showing that they are purely Organic, Amen!.
Old September 11, 2022   #22
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
Hello Dshreter
I am an Organic Farmer but suffered some crop failure for the first time. I was thinking about getting my soil tested, that I do every 4 years. But for the first time I want to buy Organic Soil Products.

My Research on this Ideal stated with Serenade being Organic but it States that It cannot be soil in California. That gives me more Questions.

Is QSt 713 Organi?

If Serenade cannot be soil in California; Why is it listed for Organic Farming?

Being in the same general area as you are I can also confirm that this was a bad year for some varieties of tomatoes. The ones tat breezed through and still producing are;

Arkansas Traveler
Carolina Dusk
Pale Perfect Purple
Atkinson
Marglobe
Monomakh's Hat

Some that produced tomatoes but are basically finished:

African Queen
Earl's Faux
Soviet

And two that went down faster than Smokin Joe Frazier did in the first fight with Big George Foreman

George Dasitkas Italian Red
Bradley ( not sure it was the real Bradley )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9q7mvc6bsY
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2022   #23
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle View Post
Being in the same general area as you are I can also confirm that this was a bad year for some varieties of tomatoes. The ones tat breezed through and still producing are;

Arkansas Traveler
Carolina Dusk
Pale Perfect Purple
Atkinson
Marglobe
Monomakh's Hat

Some that produced tomatoes but are basically finished:

African Queen
Earl's Faux
Soviet

And two that went down faster than Smokin Joe Frazier did in the first fight with Big George Foreman

George Dasitkas Italian Red
Bradley ( not sure it was the real Bradley )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9q7mvc6bsY

So funny of your Quote: "And two that went down faster than Smokin Joe Frazier did in the first fight with Big George Foreman".

Once I removed the Morning Glory Protected of Shade from the sun; I lost all Amish Desters overnight and almost all of my Brandywines.
I tried to Put up Umbrellas to save the other with 100 degree Temperatures. My Cherokee Purple are doing well, but just for seeding; but unable to sell to customers for the first time. But one customer is just waiting. But Seed Saving is my Life for next year Inventory with only 3 plants surviving. Only 2 New Yorkers Heirloom Tomato Plants survived. My Diener Heirloom Tomato, Cindy West Virginia, Akers West Virginia, Hawaiian Pineapple did well, along with all Cherry Tomato Plant, and my La Roma Red long did great too.

But my Second Crop of Amish Desters are going to make it. They are growing Great as if they have a time clock built inside the plant. The is the first year I sold Winter Squashes and Plants all through the summer Months, with no tomatoes on display in my Famermarket. But they love to buy my new found Summer Heirloom Yellow Squashes, but they was also my Husband favorites too from his mother Texas Garden as a Kid.