Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25, 2010   #1
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Default Goose Creek is Definitely Pink (pics)

Some history. My Goose Creek seeds came from a plant someone here on Tomatoville sent me, who purchased it at Laurel's in S. California 2 years ago, so I know its lineage is the "real deal". I've run 3 EarthTainer trials this season with 2 Goose Creek each per 'Tainer. One 'Tainer with "Old" Tomato-tone, one with the "New" formulation, and one with Tomaten Dunger that Ami had sent me.

Here is a cluster just picked from one of the Tomaten Dunger plants:

The largest one is approximately 4 inches in diameter. Goose Creek on the "Old" Tomato-tone plants are producing tomatoes about 3 inches in diameter as the largest one, which was "normal" for the past 2 Seasons. Tomato on the right:

I don't know how well the digital camera and lighting are, but I would characterize the skin color as a "Hot Pink" shade. First taste starts off a bit "sweet" like a Momotaro, then wham! it finishes with all of the "bite" of a Brandywine Sudduth...

Still my #1 favorite tomato!

Raybo

Last edited by rnewste; July 25, 2010 at 06:41 PM.
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote