Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 24, 2010   #1
tedln

Default Can anyone recommend a vendor?

I'm already planning my garden for next year and I know I want to purchase Spudakee, Black From Tula, JD's Special C Tex, and Indian Stripe seed. Can anyone suggest a reputable seed vendor who may carry all four varieties?

I'm new to this heirloom tomato thing, but I am growing Cuostralee, Kellogg's Breakfast, Mortgage Lifter, Prudens Purple, Brandywine Sudduth, and a few other varieties this year. I was kindly given some Black From Tula and JD's Special C Tex seed which I have now germinated and will soon plant. I have already purchased Black Krim and Cherokee Purple seed which I will probably save for next years garden. My expertise at saving seed is not yet good enough to offer to trade my saved seed for others. I simply do not want to send someone seed that I have produced until I can be sure my technique can guarantee purity.

I also want to support Dr. Males thought that we need to support good heirloom vendors by purchasing their products.

Ted