Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26, 2011   #1
dipchip2000
Tomatovillian™

Default Carbon Copy

Hey all

Last year because I am so in love with the taste of the Carbon tomato I decided to try and cross the Carbon with a few others. This year I planted some of those crossed seeds. I grew 10 plants and all but 1 grew regular Carbons which is not a problem as they are a favorite. The one noted plant has produced mini Carbons. They are larger than a Black Cherry but smaller than a Kimberley and are growing in clusters of 10 or more with many clusters per plant. What is so awesome is that they have the flavor of the regular size Carbon and not like a cherry of any variety that I have tasted. I have harvested over two dozen so far and each taste the same and are for the most part blemish free. I am saving from about 6 so far and the number of seeds per tomato is almost as many as a large tomato. Will these seeds produce the same plant next season or is this a one time thing that will not reproduce a similar plant? I am lost as to how to proceed from here other than being sure to save seeds. My working name for it now is Carbon Copy. Any thoughts from someone more experienced with some idea of what I might have?

ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (213.8 KB, 531 views)
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (197.2 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (218.7 KB, 523 views)
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (138.8 KB, 517 views)
dipchip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote