Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 16, 2016   #166
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

beautiful sight
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2016   #167
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Your plants look like they are in full gear now. So many beautiful colors. So which one is your favorite thus far?
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2016   #168
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

Morty f1 tied with beryl beauty
All the others seem to be about the same to me, and that being good to very good with obvious tomato flavor. For me, acid and tomato flavor are a must but if it's not sweet, it doesn't rise to the top for me.
All the Boars taste the same to me including dark queen and the tie dyes. I can barely tell them all apart.
Delicious was good not as great as a thought it would be. Same with Pierce's pride.
Paul Robeson is pretty but has zero tomato flavor and no detectable acid or sweetness.
Shame too because it was my earliest and pretty good uniform production.
Orange cream was my only spitter. Loxton lad was disappointing too but edible for me. Too dry and no flavor.
Still waiting to try golden gypsy and chapman
Stink bugs are killing me right now. My marketable fruit are probably taking a 25% hit right now.
Next year I will be ready. I am gonna install a new high tunnel with screens along the sides to keep them out when the sides are rolled up.

Last edited by PureHarvest; July 17, 2016 at 10:33 PM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote