Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old April 15, 2012   #91
camochef
Tomatovillian™

This arguement pops up every year for the last 6-7 years now, maybe longer. Way back then, I used to get into sometimes heated disagreements with others here and elsewhere that some of my best varieties came from Amishland, ( like Brandywine-Glicks, Amazon Chocolate, Gigantesque, Lancaster County Pink), and they still remain high on my list of favorites.
But after so many years, I don't bother anymore, especially with so many excuses for delayed orders, to so many of my friends that I recommended her site to. Just way too unprofessional.
Enjoy!
Camo
camochef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #92
travis
Tomatovillian™

Hey, she's an old hippie chick. What do you folks really expect. Enjoy the 2012 growing season, and try to get past all the negative potentials in our not so perfect world.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #93
stonysoilseeds
Tomatovillian™

you have to give her some praise and admit shes alot better than monsanto lol
stonysoilseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #94
jennifer28
Two-faced Drama Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck4doo View Post
How cute. She now has her sock puppets out to white night her. Hey Lisa, this could all go away if you just be an honest grower.
This has nothing to do with "white knighting."
First of all, if you want to make what you think is a clever quip, you need to make sure you spell your words correctly. In the context of your comment, you should have used the word "knight."

Secondly, I find your comment rude, irrelevant, and unnecessary. You could have easily made your point without being so inflammatory or insulting.
jennifer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #95
stonysoilseeds
Tomatovillian™

i would like to apologize if i made any rude comments as i believe lisas intentions are good and she believes in what she is selling and takes pride in offering seeds she grows with love and care. even though my experience with her wasnt entirely positive ive had worse experiences and i admire her for finding her bliss in what she loves to do and i did get some unique varieties from lisa like todd county amish and mayberry cherry which i am happy to be growing
Old April 15, 2012   #96
muck4doo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer28 View Post
This has nothing to do with "white knighting."
First of all, if you want to make what you think is a clever quip, you need to make sure you spell your words correctly. In the context of your comment, you should have used the word "knight."

Secondly, I find your comment rude, irrelevant, and unnecessary. You could have easily made your point without being so inflammatory or insulting.
I'll try to be nicer in the future.
muck4doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #97
livinonfaith
Tomatovillian™

Ooooooh! Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be a sock puppet!

If so, can I be a female version of Kermit? Always loved that little guy!

It always makes me laugh to hear that term. Not to be rude, but it often just means someone is offended that someone else doesn't agree with their every thought and whim.

The odd thing about using it for this occasion is that I haven't heard anyone really actively promoting her or agreeing with her questionable practices. Some are just not blasting her into the ground and are saying that they haven't had a terrible experience with her.

If telling the truth about our experiences is being a sock puppet well then, so be it. Glue on the googly eyes and paint me a mustache!
livinonfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #98
muck4doo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinonfaith View Post
Ooooooh! Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be a sock puppet!

If so, can I be a female version of Kermit? Always loved that little guy!

It always makes me laugh to hear that term. Not to be rude, but it often just means someone is offended that someone else doesn't agree with their every thought and whim.

The odd thing about using it for this occasion is that I haven't heard anyone really actively promoting her or agreeing with her questionable practices. Some are just not blasting her into the ground and are saying that they haven't had a terrible experience with her.

If telling the truth about our experiences is being a sock puppet well then, so be it. Glue on the googly eyes and paint me a mustache!
I was being immature, and got called on it. You can still be Kermit if you like.
muck4doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #99
livinonfaith
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Muck4doo! Perhaps Kermette, to make it a bit more feminine?

I understand completely. In fact, looking at my last comment, I am tempted to go back and change it because it sounds much ruder than I intended for it to sound. Sometimes when we go for clever or sarcastic, it just doesn't work as well as we would like.

I will leave mine with the hopes that it will be taken as intended, especially since you have left yours. I think that it is good to show that everything isn't as it seems and that we can work through things that might, at first, seem to be worse than they are.
livinonfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #100
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

I think I like Kermione along the lines of Hermione from Harry Potter.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #101
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I so stupid I dont get any of this.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012   #102
travis
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck4doo View Post
I was being immature, and got called on it.
Didn't bother me a bit. I'm secure with regard to my stated opinions on the subject. Besides, your characterizations were rather trite to begin with. When you intend an insult, you should try at least to be original. It will have more impact.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012   #103
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Please be respectful to each other. I don't want to have to intervene in this thread again.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2012   #104
stonysoilseeds
Tomatovillian™

this is my first year i ordered from lisa at amishland and i see there are mixed reviews about her company i ordered from lisa before i discovered tomatoville and ordered 12 different varieties as they looked appealing to me..i will have to say that the germiation of her seeds are fairly high but i am wonderin if anyone can offer me some feedback if the varieties come true to wat they are labelled as as i am hopeful they will.. i ordered several ruussian varieties and a few amish ones such as todds county and maybury cherry
Old April 25, 2012   #105
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonysoilseeds View Post
this is my first year i ordered from lisa at amishland and i see there are mixed reviews about her company i ordered from lisa before i discovered tomatoville and ordered 12 different varieties as they looked appealing to me..i will have to say that the germiation of her seeds are fairly high but i am wonderin if anyone can offer me some feedback if the varieties come true to wat they are labelled as as i am hopeful they will.. i ordered several ruussian varieties and a few amish ones such as todds county and maybury cherry
I think it might be a good idea for you to go to Tania's webpage and check out the varieties you bought seeds for to see what they should be.

Of course that's going to be difficult for the ones where she's changed the names.

I see you got Todd County Amish and there's also Amish Potato Leaf, and I introduced both of those and I cringe when I see what she wrote as history for both, aside from trueness of seed.

There are also several others I introduced at her site and again, her made up histories just plain make me very upset.

Here's a link to Tania's webpage if you don't already have it:

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Main_Page

Since you know the names of the varieties for which you bought seed I think it's best to go down on the Home Page to where you see a link that says searching by the alphabetical method.

Hope that helps.