Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old May 12, 2014   #1
pdxwindjammer
Tomatovillian™

Default Oh No! Did I Kill My Padrons??

I made a big mistake! I have been putting my peppers in my 4 shelf standing greenhouse at night because it has been getting fairly cold at night. This morning I forgot to take them out and when I got home at about noon, it was HOT in the greenhouse. I immediately took my peppers out but they wilted when I removed them and haven't come back to life. I imagine I completely dehydrated the thin leaves!

Is there a chance that they are just shocked or did I kill one of my favorite varieties of plants, all 5 of them! The others were in a tray on a lower shelf and seem to be okay but the ones on top are terribly wilted right now.
pdxwindjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2014   #2
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Water them and let them recover for a day in a sheltered place out of the sun. They may well perk up, I hope so. Let's us know how it turns out
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2014   #3
pdxwindjammer
Tomatovillian™

I watered them with cool water immediately and placed them in the shade. I am hoping they perk up!
Old May 14, 2014   #4
pdxwindjammer
Tomatovillian™

Most of my Padron peppeer plants seem to have recovered. There are a few very crispy leaves but I will let them recover from the shock and transplant them in a few days. It is going to be 90 today in Portland! I hate to think of how hot it may be in August with weather this hot early in the year!