Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 29, 2016   #1
imp
Tomatovillian™

Default Plants, produce and pick up trucks

I had asked BVV how he got all those flats to market and it evolved to more questions and thoughts, and I had a brain fart.

Here is the thread jack I did by accident- stuff just pops in my head and it comes out willy nilly at times. See what poor Rob has had to put up with?!!

Please tell me what you think about the idea.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader
Imp you can use cinder blocks and a sheet of plywood to add a 2nd tier but the plywood needs to be tight so the wheel wells in the bed keep it from collapsing.then bungee the cinder blocks in the 4 corners so the don't move. Still an iffy setup but I have used it before in a pinch.
You made me have another brain toot...

What if, big IF ( and if I ever got really into selling plants or produce) i "glued" two cinder blocks together, solid side to solid side x 4 pairs to give a lift of about 16 inches more or less, one in each corner of the bed, a plywood sheet cut to fit; cut the plywood sheet in half and be able to make it into a market sign with hinges that are /have wing nuts on one side ( so they can come apart and be the bed shelf). It would be supported by the cinder blocks and the wheel wells.

Maybe like a paint, blackboard paint? so it can be written on? When being in the PU bed, place the "blackboard painted" side down towards the plants underneath so it doesn't get scuffed or scraped? So one gets more use than just as a sign or shelf.

Could maybe use the cinder blocks as a support at the market table for a shelf or to tie to a pop up tent /cover?

I am sure, since it is in my head, that there is several major flaws with this idea. Guys, Tell where I am messing up, please?
imp is offline   Reply With Quote