Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old April 17, 2018   #91
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Al, did you email Parks and tell them?

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018   #92
hiker_
Tomatovillian™

I ordered from Park in February because I wanted to start dahlias for Mother's Day. Order status said "will ship February 8" even after February 8 had come and gone. I submitted an e-mail through their form and got no reply. I called and they said another item was backordered and that's why the whole order had been delayed. They said they'd go ahead and ship the rest of the order. I ended up getting the seeds a month late. They're cute little plants now but...they won't be blooming for Mother's Day.

I ordered some permanests from them a little later and they shipped quickly.

The tracking numbers Park supplied never worked. Not for the main order. Not for the backordered item. Not for the permanests. So that made the wait a little more nerve-wracking than it needed to be.
hiker_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018   #93
Al@NC
Tomatovillian™

I ordered on Friday the 13th, I received an email with order number and as of this morning couldn't see status of order. I called them and the lady in Customer Service told me that they order shipped on the 15th, which happens to be Sunday... But ok. She then tells me that it should deliver by this Friday the 20th but she believes it'll take 8 days. She made me think she was good and knew what she was doing but after getting off the phone with her and looking up tracking number, I realize she was lying and just blowing smoke!

I tracked the package and it says a label was created but the package hasn't been picked up yet!

Oh well, hopefully I get the seeds sometime this month I guess..

Al
Al@NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018   #94
Al@NC
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker_ View Post

The tracking numbers Park supplied never worked. Not for the main order. Not for the backordered item. Not for the permanests. So that made the wait a little more nerve-wracking than it needed to be.

So now I'm curious if my tracking number will work at all :O
Al@NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2019   #95
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Default Mix & Match 10 Seed Packets for ONLY $10

This is an old thread but I have never had a problem with Park Seed. I tend to order seeds when it is not their busy season so I am not on pins and needles waiting for the seeds to arrive.

Anyway I think this seed offer is still going on and has a lot of nice veggies and flowers too. I participated in one of these a couple of years ago and if you find one vegetable that becomes a favorite it is worth it.

I tried their Silver queen Okra and will never grow Clemson Spineless again. Silver Queen is superior in every way. More productive, tastes better. and zero leaf issues. Silver Queen is not included in this offer but is on sale.

https://parkseed.com/silver-queen-ok...p/05193-PK-P1/

Here is the link to the 10 for 10 offer which I think is still valid

https://parkseed.com/category.aspx?s...ze=all&filter=

A testimonial from a Park customer

About 3 years ago I was volunteering at a very underfunded, underprivileged elementary school in Newark Nj. I called at least 10 seed companies to ask for a few free seeds and maybe a few booklets on how to garden for the Teachers to show the children where food really comes from. After being a Burpee customer for almost 20 years they blew me off in a NY minute, when I said donate". Park Seed sent me seeds, gardening books and a note. I distributed everything to Teachers, Parents, students and spread the word to the School Board about the generous donation from Park Seed. From that small gesture Park Seed is our seed company. I sent a note of Thanks to the amazing lady, but I wanted to comment in this box and again say ......THANK YOU.....!"
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2019   #96
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I don't dare look at the $10/10 offerstill have some from last year. I also bought AAS winners which are limited in distribution with no issues.

I recently purchased the medium sized Permanest trays and lids from Parks. They were the cheapest for the quantity I needed and the threshold for free shipping was easily met. Shipping was very fast, no issues, and love this size tray for starting seeds of small grow outs.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2019   #97
PlainJane

I just got my Permanest trays from Parks, too ... no issues.
I don’t order seeds from them. There are too many interesting small companies I’d rather give the money to.
Old January 19, 2019   #98
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

I've used Park for seed orders the past two years and haven't had any problems. I still need to check my inventory, but I think I will not need to order from them this year.
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2019   #99
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Oh geez, I had to go look. Now I have 11 packs of seeds on order.

They're just some stuff to fill in around the edges. At least I got the Geisha garlic chives I've wanted to try, a few other herbs, a few flowers, a new carrot, etc. For a dollar each I'll try some new stuff.

Shipping is just $2.99. Savings alert... If you click on the bar in the top left corner of the page that says "$2.99 Shipping on seed orders, no code required", there was a popup that said, "Don't go! Use this promo code for 10% off everything!" I figured it probably wouldn't work on this special but it did.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2019   #100
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Cool GoDawgs. I'm about to place an order with Parks so your "savings alert" was timely for me .

I don't know about Geisha garlic chives, but I saved seeds from my "regular" garlic chives as I wanted to grow some more the following spring. Be warned that they take forever to germinate and don't give up on them. 3-4 weeks IIRC.

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2019   #101
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

I don't have any problem with Parks either and they are the only ones in the US that sell Nectar (cherry tomato) which is an awesome cherry tomato. They also sell Castledome broccoli. In years past, I've also bought a lot of cages from them and always got free shipping.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2019   #102
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

I ordered on the 15th
They shipped on the 16th
In my mailbox on the 18th
All 11 packets and a seed starting handbook
OUTSTANDING
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote