Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old April 16, 2018   #1
Lukasrl
Tomatovillian™

Default To keep or not to keep. Stem white spots

Hello, I bought this at a big box store. Looked good when I first got it, however it is now getting what looks like a light white coating along the stem. I have never seen this before and can't find much that describes it. Not sure if I should keep or toss it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180416_181556.jpg (479.9 KB, 79 views)
Lukasrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018   #2
MissS
Tomatovillian™

If it were me, I would toss it. I just would not want to take any chances of infecting my other plants. This is why I always try to start all of my plants from seed. However, if you have bought all of your plants from the same vendor, then I would treat all of them with Bill's Bleach Spray and do a follow-up with some Daconil. Repeat every week and hope that it helps.
Old April 18, 2018   #3
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I have never seen that before but maybe it is some type of mold or fungus. If that is the case then the diluted bleach spray should help. A copper spray might also help. If it is not anything to worry about then the bleach or copper spray should not do any damage to the plants if applied properly and late in the evening or very early in the morning. Read up on the use of the diluted bleach spray before using it and check for the strength of the bleach to make sure you get a proper solution for spraying.

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...t=bleach+spray

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote