Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old April 9, 2018   #16
kurt
Tomatovillian™

As soon as a critter dies everything that can suck blood ( jumps ship) a oxymoron for this conversation,Sailors knew at one time a trip longer than 4 months will end on/ in disaster,starvation,no wind,Norwegian rats can swim underwater faster than you think( see u tube) The navy to this day have massive inverted cones for those swimmers and climbers,on that big fat Manila rope they will eat.If they don’t chew,incisors will pierce their own brain.So the bottom main beam was the one they usually chose.Amzing little things,the fleas they carried and transported to human cloth transferred those plagues,maladies you name it.Plenty ships wooden vessels,found at the bottom.Love those critters,might teach us a thing or two.
Old April 11, 2018   #17
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Nobody ever talks about the nauseating smell of rats. Am I the only one who can smell it?

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018   #18
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Nobody ever talks about the nauseating smell of rats. Am I the only one who can smell it?

Nan
The same could be said of people in large populations before proper sanitation and bathing.
I bet you could smell some cities miles away down wind before you got there.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018   #19
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post

Nan
sorry nan... I have never seen nor smelled a rat, but like Worth said... there are people you can smell a mile away.