Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old March 13, 2018   #31
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

That's good to know,Thank you.I have never grown Corno Di Toro or Banana peppers.I was wondering if they turned red.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #32
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

I got a Nardello pepper germinated after it was planted the 25th of Feb.And a 4th Jamaican Red Hot pepper.That's 4 out of 5 for the Jamaican and hope the 5th comes up soon.Still have not seen any of the Corno Di Toro Rosso or Banana pepper and it's been 10 days so maybe it's to early yet for them.Peppers have strange growing habits.Hot before sweet.
Old March 21, 2018   #33
Goodloe
Tomatovillian™

@ cjp1953...

Fatalli/ScotchBonnet Cross update:

Of the 2 that germinated, I lost one to a deadhead, but the survivor is doing well. I'm gonna grow it on the other side of the property, away from all my other peppers. Hopefully it will do well enough to provide enough seeds for us both! I'll let you know.

Jon

~Jon~ Downheah, Mississippi
Goodloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #34
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

That sound great Jon,I plan on growing mine in a 5 gallon bucket.Don't want that much heat in the soil as I plan on saving the Nardello sweet pepper for fresh seeds.I'll do the same and hope to send you some.Plus I noticed a Corno Di Toro or Sweet Banana pepper I planted 10 days ago came this afternoon as it was not there at 6AM when I turned the lights on.Things are picking up here.We had 4 inches of snow overnight on the second day of spring.Hope it's gone tomorrow.

Last edited by cjp1953; March 21, 2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old March 24, 2018   #35
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Jon I have a update on my sweet blend peppers that were mix together in the Burpees pack,I have 3 plants up at almost 2 weeks,had another Jamaican Red Hot come up.That's 4 out of 5 seeds.Tomato plants get started next week.
Old March 24, 2018   #36
TC_Manhattan
Tomatovillian™

Going through my pepper seeds this morning, I found my pack of Corno di Toro RED pepper seeds (these are the sweet ones, not the di Capra that have a bit of heat).
I can send you some to try, just PM me your address.

I'm only this weekend starting my pepper seeds.. Too much else going on up till now, though I'm sure they'll do fine.

Let me know if you want them. I can send a few of the Orange Corno also. I think they actually taste better than the Red.

Both of them are from last year's purchase from Tradewinds, and germinated pretty much 100% for me last spring. Let me know..
TC_Manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2018   #37
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Thanks,PM sent