Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26, 2018   #1
chadandpia
Tomatovillian™

Default My 2018 Garden

Thought I would share other tomatoes and vegetables that I'm growing. A few weeks back, I started some, what I call, "second harvest" tomatoes as here in California I can usually keep tomato plants growing thru to late November. I started these outside so that I don't have to go thru any hardening off, just transplanting to larger pots as needed until ready to go in their final homes.

First pic is those:
Most of these are determinates that I've been wanting to try out: Mountain Merit, Taxi, Atlas, Summer Pick, Tasti-lee, and Siberian.
Others are 2 more grow outs of my Emmy F3 seed and some seeds I got from NCTomatoman .. 2 PL "Not Lucky Swirl" and 1 RL "Not Coorong Pink"
in same picture, In tray on the right are some pepper plants... I only had 3 survive but as our weather is finally getting warmer … I decided to try to grow some more..will see if they make it or not...

Next pic is of a Tatume, a type of squash that is "vining" .. I have limited space so was trying to find a squash that will grow on fencing instead of being bushy and this was supposed to be a likely candidate.... this is just ONE plant and, well.. you can see the size of it … it's taking over one of my pole bean towers and it's overgrowing a cucumber plant that was like 3 feet away from it when planted...

Will post pics of more tomatoes I got growing later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg second_season_toms_2018.JPG (191.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Tatume Squash.JPG (162.8 KB, 76 views)
chadandpia is offline   Reply With Quote