Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating onions, garlic, shallots and leeks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 6, 2016   #11
Kazedwards
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannine Anne View Post
Keith, that is very kind of you, I will try this side if I can but if I get stuck I may get back to you. I bought them in Canada when I was setting up the perennial patch before but they were very poor quality, I think I bought them at the wrong time of the year though so most didn't make it, but I got a couple. I believe they were red. I also got a white one, I forget the name something like Fleismans but they were even worse. There are so many places advertising in the US for all kinds of stuff I would like, I can usually get seeds but not tubers or bulbs. I do have a post office box across the border but I haven't used it for years as I no longer holiday over there but it is an idea for the fall. I think if I crossed the border with them it would be OK no different to grocery onions I guess but no one in the US will ship them here, at least I have not found anyone yet.

Thank you again,

Was the Fleismans perhaps Fleener's? If so I have been looking for those for a few years now. There were two listing in the SSE yearbook but they are not correct to type. I fairly certain that the SSE ones are McCullar's. Hope this might help.

Also I do have McCullar's White (the SSE Fleener's) growing right now if you would like some. The are a walking onion that gets perhaps 1" wide. I don't mind shipping to Canada.