Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old May 3, 2008   #46
Earl
Tomatovillian™

:-) Ken, at least it wasn't the 5th, now that would have been bad. I think you were just thinking about the pulled pork. LOL To help you get over the incident, I'll bring you a pint of canned tomatoes to snack on. Feel better now?
Old May 3, 2008   #47
Earl
Tomatovillian™

I put the Boston butt pork roast [7-8 lbs.] in the smoker about an hour ago. Rubbed with Chipotle and Cajun seasoning and smoking with a mix of hickory, cherry, and pecan. Here's what it looked like going into the smoker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008 CHOPTAG meet pulled pork1.jpg (57.0 KB, 17 views)
Old May 3, 2008   #48
matereater
Tomatovillian™

mmmmmmm pork butt, hey Ohio's not all that far from Michigan!!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Old May 3, 2008   #49
seymour_man
Tomatovillian™

Default The salmon is on

I hope you folks like smoked salmon spread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sockeye.JPG (143.1 KB, 14 views)
Old May 4, 2008   #50
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

Oh we are going to eat good. I am bring a country ham chocolate cookies. See you all at 1. Susan
Old May 4, 2008   #51
Miss_Mudcat
Tomatovillian™

Oh my, that all looks and sounds so wonderful! Sorry, but I don't think our family is going to make it. We are just plain pooped out and need a day of rest and family relaxation. Y'all have fun and tell everyone MS Mudcat and family says, "HI"!
Old May 5, 2008   #52
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

Hello I want to say that I had a priceless day at the choptag. lots of great people and a choice of beautiful plants. Thanks for holding this event and all the hard work. Susan
Old May 5, 2008   #53
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default CHOPTAG Plant Exchange

I am recovering from a full day spent in Cincinnati at the CHOPTAG Plant Exchange. This is the energizer which gets me started for a summer of growing Heirloom Tomatoes! All YOU good folks just keep growing on me year after year like family and provide the cream of the crop tomato seedlings with such generosity. The outsiders who wandered by were impressed with our efforts and they were rewarded with tomatoes as well! The Tomato Tasting is even better! COME JOIN US!

First thing this morning I had a message from Larry (cottonpicker) wanting to know about the CHOPTAG gathering. I filled him in and mentioned that it would be good to have him visit for the Tomato Tasting. See his response below and SPAM him with other invitations! Lol Gary

“You mentioned the CHOPTAG tasting.... hummmm? never considered it before, but.... I'll give it some thought.... can't promise anything yet, but it WOULD be a great opportunity to meet YOU in person & the others I know only thru their postings on Tomato Forums. I WILL give it some thought..... when?? where, exactly?? Cincinnatti???”
Old May 5, 2008   #54
hunter
Tomatovillian™

What a great time it was! Thanks to all for the food and great plants! Can't wait to see y'all in August!