Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 23, 2017   #16
Spartanburg123
Tomatovillian™

I have grown it, seeds from Marsha's seed offer a few years ago- and it produced excellent tasting 1-2 lb fruit just as described by dahoss above- mine were not quite that big as I remember. It's a great variety, but as mentioned before, it can be susceptible to some diseases.
Spartanburg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2017   #17
MarlynnMarcks
Tomatovillian™

Default Pink version

Has anyone grown the pink version of this? Is there a difference in taste or habit?
MarlynnMarcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2017   #18
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlynnMarcks View Post
Has anyone grown the pink version of this? Is there a difference in taste or habit?
No, they are the same in all ways, it's just an epidermis mutation from yellow to clear

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...b=General_Info

I had sent Coustralee to Glenn at Sandhill Preservation and one of his plants had all pink fruits,so that's the origin of this variant. You can see from Tania's link that Glenn listed it for many years,but he no longer has time for his wife Linda to submit to Tania the over 400 varieties they list at their website.

I used to keep going red and pink versions of the same variety,but NEVER sent out anyhing but the orininal,but folks are different now and send out seeds of this or that variety that was the result of cross pollinations,etc.

Carolyn