Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

NORCATT™ event information and discussion forum. Northern California Tomato Tasting

Old June 3, 2006   #46
vermiit
Tomatovillian™

Default Anyone here anymore??

Okay, the last post was in April. You folks have me worried. I've paid $66, and a revised bill came that wants $9 more. And so far, I've footed the bill myself, much less for an event that may not happen?

If I don't hear from people that this is happening, I may cancel and try and get some of my money back!

Anyone?

Diana
Old June 3, 2006   #47
chilhuacle
Tomatovillian™

I'll be there and send along $10 after I add some cash to my Pay Pal account.

We should also decide early how we're going to rate the tomatoes. Perhaps something similar to Morningsun's sheets?

Bruce
Old June 4, 2006   #48
coronabarb
Tomatoville® Recipe Keeper

Diana,

Why do they want $9 more? Just curious...

Come on, guys, pony up. Diana shouldn't have to be out this much money on her own since April. When I figure out how to work the Paypal thing, I'm going to send some $.
Old June 4, 2006   #49
angelique
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilhuacle
We should also decide early how we're going to rate the tomatoes. Perhaps something similar to Morningsun's sheets?
Hi Bruce,

That sounds like an excellent idea. Much easier than the way we did it last year.

Hi Diana,

Sorry that I haven't contacted you sooner. I tried sending an email via etsy.com but it keeps on requesting that I sign up for their service. If you would, please send me your direct email to my yahoo acct at shesalittlebear2@yahoo.com. I already have an establishe paypal acct, so I can send you money asap.

Again sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi All,

Do you think this event is worth posting at GW's tomato and California forums? I really think that last year we had a good turn out with lots of great food to eat. Maybe later in the month or by the end of next month, we can discuss potluck items Last year's brownies and zucchini casserole were both fab. Too bad, I couldn't stay for the BLTs.

Angelique
Old June 4, 2006   #50
vermiit
Tomatovillian™

I'm so glad you'all are out there! I was a bit fuddled with the paypal thing, just pm me and I'll send you my email address. Can I edit my previous post?

I guess the fees went up from $66 to $75, even though I paid already, you'd think the $66 should be the price rather than the 'new fee' price. I may bring it in and see what they say about it. Not that it'll do much good, but I can try.

Diana
Old June 4, 2006   #51
angelique
Tomatovillian™

Hi Vermiit,

You've got mail.

Cheers,

Angelique
Old June 11, 2006   #52
coronabarb

Diana,

I'm sorry I haven't sent the pay pal $ yet. My sister, Pam (the one in the NORCATT pics) made a surprise visit this weekend with a week's notice. I've been busy cleaning the house. :wink: I will get to it this week, since everything is now clean and I have free time.

I hope everyone else has pitched in by now.

Do you guys realize this is only a bit over two months away??? We should get a menu going. Do you really have your heart set on Pam's zuke casserole again? The reason I ask is she talked about bringing different kinds of pesto, sort of like the pesto tasting at Morningsun Herb Farm two yrs ago. I gave that idea a big thumbs up! What do the rest of you want to bring? Should we do something different than BLT's since we're already eating so many tomatoes? That's my thinking anyway--feel free to vote me down. Bob's probably already bought a new grill so he can crank out that sizzlin' bacon.
Old June 11, 2006   #53
angelique
Tomatovillian™

Hi Barb,

The pesto tasting sounds fabulous. How can anyone say no to pesto.

I make a really good strawberry trifle with real whipped cream. Depending on the weather, it should be okay for a few hours in a cooler. I can bring this or another dish or ice cream if people are up for that.

BBQ sounds good, but will we still have room in our bellies after trying LOTS of tomatoes? Don't worry about me. I am game for anything.

I am starting to get a little nervous because I still have not had any ripe tomatoes. Many of my plants have green fruits, others just have flowers.

Angelique
Old June 11, 2006   #54
vermiit
Tomatovillian™

I've had one person pitch in so far (thanks, Angelique!!)

I've only had a few ripe Sungold, other than that, yep, lots of flowers and little green tomatos.Of course, the one most laden with green potential is one that was marked as 'unknown' because it's the ONE tom that had lost it's ID in the transplanting.

Diana
Old June 12, 2006   #55
GreenThumbGal_07
Tomatovillian™

Diana,

I've sent you a PM, and would like to chip in.

Please e-mail me:

euxanthate@yahoo.com

Debra (GreenThumbGal_07)
Old June 12, 2006   #56
coronabarb

"BBQ sounds good, but will we still have room in our bellies after trying LOTS of tomatoes?"

angelique, yes to the strawberry trifle. And BBQ (actually grilling for those purists in Conversations) sounds good. I vote for cutting the tomatoes into smaller pieces. Towards the end, it was murder to down big pieces.

Pam still has the cast iron pot so I can bring the 4th of July beans again. I'll see if there's something else I want to bring. Since I fly up the afternoon before, it doesn't give me a lot of time to shop and cook by Sat AM.
Old June 12, 2006   #57
chilhuacle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb
Do you really have your heart set on Pam's zuke casserole again? The reason I ask is she talked about bringing different kinds of pesto, sort of like the pesto tasting at Morningsun Herb Farm two yrs ago.
I do, it was GREAT. But if I have make a choice then pesto it would be (both would be better though :wink: ). I missed the pesto at the Morningsn tasting last year. I have (somewhere) the list of the recipes you sent me and could make a few of them. We have planted a bunch of basil this year because we never have enough.

Other thoughts?

Bruce
Old June 20, 2006   #58
vermiit
Tomatovillian™

Default Park

Thanks to Bruce , Barbara, Debra and Angelica for pitching in! We only need 2 Norcatt tomato lovers to help out, and it's covered!

Diana, wondering if a watched tomato ripens....
Old June 20, 2006   #59
chilhuacle
Tomatovillian™

Diana

Hi All,

I hope it cools down soon or we may not have tomatoes for the tasting. It's usually in the mid 80s here this time of year but we'll be around 100° all week and Sacramento will be about 5° above that. Ouch!

Bruce
Old June 21, 2006   #60
feraltomatoes
Tomatovillian™

I am going to do everything I can to go. Saturdays are tuff for me in the summer, but if helper works out I am there.
Bruce, this weather has been frustrating. I think we will still get polination because it will hopefully drop into the 60's like they say at night. It was hot today and I saw pollen when I taped some blooms this morning.
My garden is right out of Fairfield so my climate is very close to yours with a little more wind. Anyone another handful of miles inland will probably stay in the 80's at night.