Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Old August 22, 2011   #76
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurley View Post
Yay Kath! Glad things are going well now. The only thing I have had success using to clean stuff like that are those little squares of hard plastic they sell in the kitchen department of some mass retailer stores. They used to be almost exclusive to home sales of pampered chef, used to clean their stoneware, but they are now available in lots of home departments. They are hard, but they are plastic, so they don't scratch, but can really scrape off burned on things that scrubbers just won't budge. I think I used to set my oven just above warm for sauce reduction, it came with an insert that removes for cleaning which helps, trying to clean the whole thing without ruining the electric portion is a nightmare.
There may be hope for me, yet!

Great tip about the square hard plastic thingies- I'll look the next time I'm in shopping mode. My turkey oven has a removable insert so that is a big help.
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2011   #77
Full Moon
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
So if anyone has any suggestions for how to clean these roasting pans without scrubbing off the finish, I'm all ears.

Try OxiClean (powder). It might work.

I steamed some beans the other day on high heat..... aheim.... without any water

My pot was black and thought I ruined it. Oxiclean overnight, all gone in the morning.
Full Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2011   #78
kath
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Full Moon- I'll definitely give that a try next time. Been there, done that with the waterless cooking in regular pots.
kath is offline   Reply With Quote