Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 22, 2016   #1
isuhunter
Tomatovillian™

Default In search of a Wes tomato plant

I'm looking for a Wes tomato plant... Any thoughts as to where I could find one? I'm in NE Iowa.
isuhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2016   #2
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

I have seeds if you want to grow your own next season. Just pm me about it.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2016   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuhunter View Post
I'm looking for a Wes tomato plant... Any thoughts as to where I could find one? I'm in NE Iowa.
As Marsha said,she has seeds for it,so do many of us I'm sure,including me,but let's hope that someone from your area comes along and helps.

I've been to Des Moines,it's a large city, perhaps if you ask around you could find plants at a local nursery or being sold at a farmer'smarket. You wouldn't find it at a big box store,I don't think,unless they were subcontracting to local growers, which some do.

Sojust ask around about Farmer's markets, at local nurseries, and see what you can find out.

Carolyn, who would refer you to Dar Jones (Fusion here at Tville) Selected Plants site,he's in Alabama and sells plants, but right now I don 't know what he might have left,and to order just one plant to ship,doesn't seem the best thing to do.
Old May 22, 2016   #4
isuhunter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
As Marsha said,she has seeds for it,so do many of us I'm sure,including me,but let's hope that someone from your area comes along and helps.

I've been to Des Moines,it's a large city, perhaps if you ask around you could find plants at a local nursery or being sold at a farmer'smarket. You wouldn't find it at a big box store,I don't think,unless they were subcontracting to local growers, which some do.

Sojust ask around about Farmer's markets, at local nurseries, and see what you can find out.

Carolyn, who would refer you to Dar Jones (Fusion here at Tville) Selected Plants site,he's in Alabama and sells plants, but right now I don 't know what he might have left,and to order just one plant to ship,doesn't seem the best thing to do.
I will do that, my wife was at the Farmers Market in Des Moines yesterday, when she gets home I'll see what she may have found. I'm at home planting corn and beans in the fields!
isuhunter is offline   Reply With Quote