Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Historical background information for varieties handed down from bygone days.

Old January 24, 2009   #1
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Default Carolyn can you tell me a little more about "Eckert Polish?"

I see on Tatiana's Tomato base that you introduced it to SSE in '92. She does not have a lengthy description of this variety. It is described as "oblong"...are they meaning tubular like a sausage? Is it meaty or seedy or paste-like?
It is described as 10-16 OZ so I am presuming it is fairly good sized. I would appreciate any info as am always looking for bigger, meaty, few-seeded varieties for my sun dry business. Mary
Old January 24, 2009   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Mary, it's too late tonight but maybe tomorrow I can dig out my 1992 SSE YEarbook and tell you what I wrote at that time.

Never fear, I'll be back if not tomorrow on Monday, but I don't consider it a Legacy tomato variety compared to most of the others that have threads in this Forum, most of which are the older commercial varieties.

No matter, though, b'c it's a good one but I can think of many others that are large fruited meaty varieties that I also like .
Old January 24, 2009   #3
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Mary, it's too late tonight but maybe tomorrow I can dig out my 1992 SSE YEarbook and tell you what I wrote at that time.

Never fear, I'll be back if not tomorrow on Monday, but I don't consider it a Legacy tomato variety compared to most of the others that have threads in this Forum, most of which are the older commercial varieties.

No matter, though, b'c it's a good one but I can think of many others that are large fruited meaty varieties that I also like .
Thank you Carolyn and no rush. I never quite know where to post anything!