Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old February 9, 2008   #1
Douglas14
Tomatovillian™

Default Marianna's Peace retail seed source

I'm looking for a seed source for Marianna's Peace....the smooth-shouldered one. I've grown both the smooth and ribbed version of it(on different years), and preferred the smooth version's taste. I don't recall where I purchased the seed for the smooth-shouldered MP. If you purchased MP and got the great tasting smoothed-shouldered fruit, please let me know which company to bought the seed from.
Douglas14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2008   #2
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Douglas14, this is how my MP turned out from Victoryseeds and the taste was excellent. Ami
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=2528
Old February 9, 2008   #3
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

The last time I purchased smooth shouldered MP seeds, they came from Mariannas Heirloom Seeds (mariseeds.com). It has been a couple of years. I agree that the smooth shouldered taste better than the ribbed. The ribbed seemed to be less meaty. My recollection is that they were almost a little hollow inside.

Last edited by PaulF; February 9, 2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: clarification
PaulF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2008   #4
Douglas14
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the replies. I agree with you Paul on your assessment of the smooth shouldered fruit being meatier.....that's one of the things I really like about MP. I think it may have been mariseeds.com, where I purchased the smooth shouldered version about 4 years ago.
Old February 10, 2008   #5
Ruth_10
Tomatovillian™

I got my MP seeds from TGS in 2004. As far as I can tell, they are smooth shouldered and meaty (don't have other MP seed to compare them to). They are very, very tasty, imo.

Some say the glass half-full. Others say the glass is half-empty. To an engineer, it’s twice as big as it needs to be.
Ruth_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2008   #6
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth_10 View Post
I got my MP seeds from TGS in 2004. As far as I can tell, they are smooth shouldered and meaty (don't have other MP seed to compare them to). They are very, very tasty, imo.
I looked at the picture on the TGS site and they look mostly smooth to me, this is the one I am growing this year.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2008   #7
annecros
Tomatovillian™

I grew Marianna's Peace this winter from TGS (nice freebie) and they are only slightly ribbed. Not ribbed like the picture amideutch posted, just a little subtle ribbing.

Excellent taste and production.
annecros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2008   #8
Douglas14
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for all the replies. When I made this post, I already had ordered MP seeds from TGS, but was worrying it might be the ribbed version. After reading these replies, I decided grow the seeds I purchased from TGS.