Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 1, 2012   #32
kenny_j
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenbar View Post
AQHA & APHA Cutting Horses...I had a large breeding facility standing 7 studs and shipping and receiving semen from all over the world. Bred about 300 to 400 mares per year. I never wanted a "regular" vet practice...you get too burned out. I had enough to do in breeding season and then we had cattle that took up the rest of the year (I only worked on our cows...I lacked sufficient admiration for cattle... ) We also had our own stud and raised 15 foals from our mares per year. I really thought I would miss it more but that part of my life is over and it's time for me to do other things. The Husband really misses the cows...I do not even read or subscribe to the AVMA Equine Journal or keep current on all the new science...I find most of it appalling. My friends like to email and chat about cutting horse stuff and I just have no interest any more. There was a time that I would have slit my wrists if I could not make it to the NCHA Futurity in Fort Worth...my friends just cannot understand my lack of enthusiasm. I have "filled the void" with tomatoes
Brokenbar, it is funny how ones life can change so suddenly. For most of my adult life I was an avid outdoorsman, hunting and fishing I could not live without, the last 10 years I haven't done much of either. Just do not have the entusiasm to put in all the work that is required to do it properly. I always gardened, but not like the last several years, it has become my main focal point. I need to look up your thread about drying tomatoes and ask you some more questions there.
kenny_j is offline   Reply With Quote