Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 7, 2007   #61
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I think someone stole the pictures!!!!!!!!!:>{
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2007   #62
MargeH
Tomatovillian™

OK, I see them when I look at the message. Did I do something wrong so that they are only there for me??????

If so, I guess I don't have this figured out, after all. Help.

Marjorie
MargeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2007   #63
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

It may just be me, I just see a space between the words.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2007   #64
FlipTX
Tomatovillian™

I don't see the pics, either. What did you do to insert the pics in your original message?
FlipTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2007   #65
MargeH
Tomatovillian™

Obviously, not the correct way. Could someone PM me and tell me how to do it. I looked for instructions and couldn't find them.
Old April 7, 2007   #66
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Marjorie, I can see your photos now. Glad you were able to figure it out. :-)

Great pictures!

-Suze

Last edited by Suze; April 8, 2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Questions/suggestions removed - M's photos now visible
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2007   #67
MargeH
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Suze,

I think that I figured out what I did wrong and the photos are showing up in my original message now.

Marjorie
Old April 8, 2007   #68
FlipTX
Tomatovillian™

Great pics, Marjorie

Momotoro was one I meant to try this year, then time just got away from me and I forgot to start any seeds.

Last edited by FlipTX; April 8, 2007 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Because at 6AM I tend to misspell Momotoro
FlipTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2007   #69
duajones
Tomatovillian™

great pics marjorie, I cant wait for my first fruit to start ripening.
duajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2007   #70
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Marge,

I'd be happy to set you up with an account on my photo gallery. The problem with Photobucket, is that it does not re-compress the images. The total download size of the images you have posted is about 4 MB, which takes 20 minutes for someone on a dialup modem to download and view.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with what you did, and they are GREAT photos. Just that Photobucket has some limitations. If you want me to set you up with your own gallery, please let me know. My photo gallery script will recompress the images for you.

http://www.feldoncentral.com/garden/.../memberphotos/
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2007   #71
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I've set up some more folks with photo gallery accounts.

In other news, Jet Star is loading up. I count 9 so far. Sungold and Husky Red Cherry (a dwarf with rugose foliage) are busy as well, probably a dozen on each.

That Cherokee Purple with the stunted main leader may end up being my most productive non-cherry! No fewer than 7 suckers have grown out of the stem and reached 2 feet tall, trying to take over for the stunted main leader. Each one has a flower cluster, some of which have already set. And the original flower cluster where the plant terminated its vertical growth has 6-7 fruit set.

Arkansas Traveler, Red Penna, Tidwell German, and Cherokee Green are being the shyest by far, showing no flowers at all.

Kimberly has some kind of disease, probably fungal. I looked at TAMU's pictures, compared and contrasted, even talked to Suze on the phone. We're "pretty sure" it's fungal. I picked off all the diseased leaves, which was about 2/3 of the leaves. And today is Daconil day.
Old April 11, 2007   #72
sirtanon
Tomatovillian™

Wow, good going Feldon!

And that CP - 7 suckers eh? Sounds like a perfect candidate for a growing method I read at least a year ago (although memory fails me as to the 'name' of said method.) It involves a large tomato cage (CRW would work great) wherein you tie ONE sucker to each vertical wire. Supposedly, it yields some great results.

I'm finally getting fruit-set on many of my plants as well, although nowhere near what you're getting.
Old April 11, 2007   #73
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Daytime temps in the 70's and low 80's.
Night time temps in the 50's and 60's.

Looking very good for more fruitset to occur. I've been diligently buzzing each blossom with my Sonicare toothbrush. I have not done an empirical study with double-blind testing, but the blossoms that shoot pollen when I touch them with the toothbrush do seem to later turn into fruit.
Old April 11, 2007   #74
Tomstrees
Tomatovillian™

No eletric toothbrushes here ... gosh do you guys work ??? lol ~
I just go by my cages and give them a good shake shake a couple times a week ... I've never really had to use something ... should I ???

~ Tom
Tomstrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2007   #75
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Feldon,
Photobucket has improved it's options from a while ago:

Quote:
the problem with Photobucket, is that it does not re-compress the images. The total download size of the images you have posted is about 4 MB, which takes 20 minutes for someone on a dialup modem to download and view.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with what you did, and they are GREAT photos. Just that Photobucket has some limitations.
Feldon, I think you are offering a great photo service, and I like the way your thumbnails look, very clear that they are clickable. But Photobucket is also quite flexible if a person studies all their options. When you upload your photos, you have a choice of various sizes that they can be saved as - click on the tiny blue Options highlight above the first browse upload box and you will see :

Image Options

avatar ( 100 x 75 ) 19" screen ( 1280 x 960 ) thumbnail ( 160 x 120 ) 21" screen ( 1600 x 1200 ) website, email ( 320 x 240 ) 22" screen ( 2048 x 1536 ) message board ( 640 x 480 ) 23" screen ( 2240 x 1680 ) 15" screen ( 800 x 600 ) 2 megabyte file size 17" screen ( 1024 x 768 )
1 megabyte file size

Message board ( 640 x 480 ) is a good size to use. Anything larger should definitely consider using the thumbnail link to be courteous to dial-up users. Once your photo is saved, to put a link into a board message, you can either (1) copy the proper tag below each photo, which will make the message board screen picture appear as whatever size you saved the photo as, or (2) put a check mark in the box(s) below the photo(s), then scan to the bottom of the page and click on Generate HTML and IMG code where you have a full range of choices to copy from including clickable thumbnails.

Thumbnail:

Full size uploaded (544 x 448 - odd size because I usually crop and reduce my pictures before uploading)

I was burned a couple of years ago when I lost many picture links from a travel board I participated on. The webmaster who was hosting the pictures (free to start with - later a small annual fee) had a disagreement with some of the board members and kicked them off the board and deleted their pictures. I was not one of them at that time, but it made me realize what thin ice you tread on when you rely on a private individual to be your host. I continued using the service for a time, but due to periodic disruption in services, eventually began to store my pictures on Photobucket. When I did not renew with my old host, I permanently lost all the existing photo links in my travel reports, some of which were in archives on different boards.

Dee
ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote