Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 21, 2013   #1
FreyaFL
Tomatovillian™

Default And what about okra?

Okra? Okay. So, I'm told this veggie grows really well where I am. I'm all, "Cool! I've never grown okra and I think I've had some deep fried bits that were good..." (Like, doesn't everything covered in crumbs and then deep fried always taste good?) Yeah, that's about the extent of my okra experience, though, I may have noticed something gooey in gumbo once. That wouldn't be okra, would it? Whatever. They have beautiful flowers so I'm going to grow okra. That's settled...NO IT'S NOT SETTLED! There are "varieties"!

Anyone have any suggestions of what variety of okra I should try growing? Very hot and humid, it is. I guess I could grow this in the ground (weird, I know, I'm almost a strictly container grower.) But if there are varieties that are good and not 10' tall (not kidding...I've been reading descriptions) that might be better (in case I stick these in a container.)

I eagerly await all suggestions!

FreyaFL
FreyaFL is offline   Reply With Quote