Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 7, 2010   #1
kygreg
Tomatovillian™

Default Tennessee Black origin

Any information on the origin of Tennessee Black? I checked 2010 SSE yearbook and Tatiana's tomato base. Thanks.
kygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2010   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreg View Post
Any information on the origin of Tennessee Black? I checked 2010 SSE yearbook and Tatiana's tomato base. Thanks.
As you can see Tania has repeated Neil's SSE listing at her site and indicated his source.

But I think looking at the SSE listings will give you perhaps the best clue as to where you might find more information.

And that's the listing by the person from OH who says he got the the seeds in 2002 from another person in OH who got the seeds as a surprise from Baker Creek Seeds ( year not specified but clearly before 2002)

So when things calm down at retail seed places you might want to contact Baker Creek and ask what info they have in a pre 2002 catalog about it.

I found only one mention of it by Googling and then only on a grow out list for 2008 and I did look at my 2001 SSE Yearbook and found no listing, and nothing in the 2005 Yearbook either and didn't bother to check others feeling that Baker Creek might be the best bet for history.

Unless of course someone appears here who knows all about it, which is always possible.
Old April 12, 2010   #3
JereGettle
Tomatovillian™

We never offered that variety. Sorry.

Some one listed us non correctly.

Thanks!
Jere
JereGettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2010   #4
stormymater
Tomatovillian™

It's a great tomato = tasted at TOmatopalooza & got seeds from France (of all places)
stormymater is offline   Reply With Quote