Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 20, 2016   #31
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I'm here, Barb! You bet I am interested if you still have seed. Thank you for reaching out. I saw the thread title and for some reason was thinking of Glass Gem corn. Please PM!

Those are perfect healthy plants, especially from a "stick" . Have you ever had early blight or septoria in your area?( If no I'm moving there pronto!) I believe GG was bred to have good resistance. Our heatwaves can exceed 100 degrees and night time can stay in the 80's and its sticky as heck. Its rare but fruit set here turns off when we get the heatwaves late July/Aug, usually it lasts about a week and temps cool down and things go back to producing. Hopefully not too late or it will be fried green tomatoes come autumn.

Looking forward to pics of bountiful future harvests!

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2022   #32
persianninja
Tomatovillian™

Just wanted to revive this thread on University of Florida Klee tomatoes.
I'm trying out their 'R Hybrid' cherry tomato this year out of the ones they sent me in their trial pack.
Will let you know how it compares to other favs cherries like Black Cherry, SunGold once they get ripe.

Note: some online grocers offered a few of these varieties last summer like GardenGem and I wasn't too impressed (but maybe small chance that is because they don't taste good if ripened off the plant?) ...
but having hope for the cherry one at least cause hard to go wrong with cherries .
persianninja is offline   Reply With Quote