Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old February 20, 2015   #16
hrweather

ya, as i say the grass is always greener. i kind of get depressed with so much sunshine, clear skies and 75º year round. this winter is weird though, even for us. it really messed up my winter garden development. if i had known i would have done tomatoes thru the winter (i have two cherry tomatoes right now, though):

Old February 20, 2015   #17
hrweather

i went skiing in Taos, New Mexico long ago and it was -20º with wind chill. that was the worst experience of my life. i thought my fingers and toes were going to fall off. i feel so bad for the east coast right now...i am sending my sunshine vibes to you!! i will trade a few days for a good rain storm. my rain barrel is empty and weeping.
Old February 20, 2015   #18
nnavarra61
Tomatovillian™

Heather,
I'll take all the vibes I can get and those li'l cherries look delicious compared to the orange ones at our supermarket
nnavarra61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2015   #19
hrweather

updates!

aaaand some peppers.

Old February 23, 2015   #20
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Really nice Heather. We have good weather in common, except our summers are 85-92 with high humidity, but we grow tomatoes in the winter. I saw last Friday where SD was actually warmer than Miami, where it got down to 42. Coldest day in 4 years.
Your garden looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing your baby pictures too.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2015   #21
hrweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Really nice Heather. We have good weather in common, except our summers are 85-92 with high humidity, but we grow tomatoes in the winter. I saw last Friday where SD was actually warmer than Miami, where it got down to 42. Coldest day in 4 years.
Your garden looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing your baby pictures too.
92 with high humidity! i wouldnt have to pay for bikram yoga living there, i could just do it outside ive never been to FL; not sure I could handle that humidity and heat combo. i grew up in the high desert of So Cal - hot, but dry heat in the summer.