Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 9, 2016   #1
jhouse
Tomatovillian™

Default Who sprays fungicide til the end of the season?

I'm curious as to how you more experienced growers continue spraying with Daconil or other fungicide as the tomatoes ripen and are harvested.

I've got a lot cherry tomatoes, I love giving them away, but have to rinse the Daconil residue off before doing so and boy is that a chore. I've had some blight -- pruned it out, and held off on spraying the last few weeks, so I'm tempted to just prune out diseased foliage at this point or use Bill's bleach spray if needed to avoid the residue.

I'm a bit concerned about the consequences though of not spraying, both for the remainder of the season and having more spores for next year.

I find many diseased trees leaves that blow into the garden, it could be I've got lots of spores in any case and it wouldn't matter -- (read that lots of trees get EB also) -- I remove pruned foliage but to get all the tree leaves & plant matter I'd have to take a vacuum cleaner down to the garden.
jhouse is offline   Reply With Quote