Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 20, 2009   #1
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

Default Wagner's potatoes

I just found Tom Wagner's listing on localharvest. For $40 he will send 8 pounds of potatoes of 6 different varieties postage included. I grew some of his potatoes in 2007 and got some very unique and interesting spuds.

http://www.localharvest.org/member/M12486

I emailed him and wound up calling him this evening. I'm going to get another package of potatoes from him and also some true potato seed to grow out. If any of you are interested in getting some of these, now is the time!

I will also post this on gardenweb.

DarJones
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2009   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Darrel, how come you didn't post this in the Potato Forum here?

Just curious.

I won't move it b'c you must have had a reason.
Old February 20, 2009   #3
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

Mostly because this is where more people will notice it and it is a pretty good topic for general discussion.

I'd be interested in hearing what folks think of Yukon Gold, Yellow Finn, German Butterball, etc. just as much as I am in reading all the tomato threads here in general discusson on TV.

I have a bunch of sprouted potatoes ready to plant right now and will get some Russian Banana from Ronningers. With a few from Tom, I will have all the potatoes I care to grow.

DarJones
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2009   #4
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
Mostly because this is where more people will notice it and it is a pretty good topic for general discussion.

I'd be interested in hearing what folks think of Yukon Gold, Yellow Finn, German Butterball, etc. just as much as I am in reading all the tomato threads here in general discusson on TV.

I have a bunch of sprouted potatoes ready to plant right now and will get some Russian Banana from Ronningers. With a few from Tom, I will have all the potatoes I care to grow.

DarJones
I've grown all that you mention in your post and think very highly of them and would add Carola and quite a few more, but I thought your first post was speaking to Tom's offer for potatoes and the link you gave, which he's made before in the Potato Forum, so I guess this isn't the place to be discussing other varieties.

I grew lots of potatoes years ago and my source for them was Ronniger's which I think is a great place to get potatoes and which you also mentioned for one variety.

I'd be out there in the cold winds of November digging potatoes and taking a saw to the Brussels Sprouts plants so I could take them to better shelter and stack them like firewood for winter storage.